Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
Meh

Like I give a crap.

"Real" mountain bike guys spend over half of their training on the road. The rest of them are wankers.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'd love to ride bike paths. Give me 4 paths from my side of town that wind through the countryside. One needs to be 35 miles, one at 45 miles, one at 55, 65, and an 80 miler....no speed limit. I'd stay mostly off the roads then.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,723 Posts
This mountain biker rides about 50/50 but spends 95% of his time on RBR. Many of the MTBR poasters are teenage wankers trying to show off their testosterone. I go there only for info and to check out the Yeti forums. I'll sit here with the roadies showing off our shaved legs & lycra.

·
Review RoadBike Member
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im a 95% off road rider and only ride the road on a cyclo-cross bike. I spend most all day at work on here, and occasionally flip to MTBR. It was just a thread that caught my attention.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I occasionally pose as a conservationist over there and post on how
mountain bikes are chewing up the trails just to incite the kids.I must
admit they have us beat with the pictorials on Passion as opposed to
Podium Girls, where strangely the tables are turned and we are kind of
immature or chauvanistic.

·
Registered
162 Posts
God forbid someone with knobby tires has an opinion

I think some of their points are valid. Just because they're posting on the "wrong" bicycle forum, dealing with the "wrong" kind of bicycle (despite the number of commuters who ride mtbs)... yeah, you're all correct. Screw em, they know nothing.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,768 Posts
That's one of the more tame threads I've seen on MTBR about roadies. Most of the time the psychos crawl out with their horrible spelling and grammar, cursing and spewing death threats to all roadies.

They do have valid points...those reasons are why I ride by myself most of the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.