Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Game on, b*tches!
Joined
·
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
it's all BS, isn't it?
 

·
Game on, b*tches!
Joined
·
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going out tomorrow for a 12 mile ride at 35mph avg, hoping to increase my max speed to 37, only slowing for stop signs, maybe down to 30.
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
Kram said:
I'm going out tomorrow for a 12 mile ride at 35mph avg, hoping to increase my max speed to 37, only slowing for stop signs, maybe down to 30.
i liked the slowly increasing mileage thing.
 

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
Joined
·
22,021 Posts
I got called a snob and an a-hole that was a big man hiding behind the internet picking fights.........and accused of trying to be a tough guy in general a couple of days ago. I had to get up and look in the mirror to see if I recognized myself.

You talkin' to me?

Len
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
Len J said:
I got called a snob and an a-hole that was a big man hiding behind the internet picking fights.........and accused of trying to be a tough guy in general a couple of days ago. I had to get up and look in the mirror to see if I recognized myself.

You talkin' to me?

Len
should i spend 4k on my first road bike?
 

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
Joined
·
30,956 Posts
tomk96 said:
should i spend 4k on my first road bike?
I signed up for a century on Friday. I've never ridden more than around the block. Should I buy an actual roadbike tomorrow for it?
 

·
Game on, b*tches!
Joined
·
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You betcha!:thumbsup:
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
usually on a good night manage about 13mph into the wind and 17 mph with the wind,
i loved this part. especially since he says he managed 22mph last night. that must have been some tailwind, but he managed 24 for about a mile (which would be less than 3 mins).
 

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
Joined
·
9,416 Posts
Man, just...wow.

Who would take that seriously?

Also, what are you doing looking at other forums? I feel so used. And this is how I find out? You TELL me?
 

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
Joined
·
30,956 Posts
tomk96 said:
i loved this part. especially since he says he managed 22mph last night. that must have been some tailwind, but he managed 24 for about a mile (which would be less than 3 mins).
He's very accomplisehd at trolling. Study this master as he has got it down.
 

·
Game on, b*tches!
Joined
·
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bikeboy389 said:
Man, just...wow.

Who would take that seriously?

Also, what are you doing looking at other forums? I feel so used. And this is how I find out? You TELL me?
Sorry. It's a defense mechanism I've developed while hiding NNC purchases from my wife. From now on, full transpency and full disclosure, along with full frontal nudity. Well. Maybe not THAT.:eek:
 

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
Joined
·
27,036 Posts
bikeboy389 said:
Also, what are you doing looking at other forums? I feel so used. And this is how I find out? You TELL me?
Kram specializes in lurking in General and bringing us only the most awesomeness threads.

You gotta take the good with the bad.
 

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
Joined
·
5,351 Posts
Len J said:
I got called a snob and an a-hole that was a big man hiding behind the internet picking fights.........and accused of trying to be a tough guy...
Someone's got you pegged! :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Kram said:
I'm going out tomorrow for a 12 mile ride at 35mph avg, hoping to increase my max speed to 37, only slowing for stop signs, maybe down to 30.
Awesome, sounds like we have a similar training plan for tomorrow :cool:
 

·
corning my own beef
Joined
·
5,713 Posts
Room 1201 said:
He's very accomplisehd at trolling. Study this master as he has got it down.
+11ty

It's amazing how many people respond even when the thread is obviously trolling bait.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
335 Posts
Could be a a real opinion of the guy.. last summer at a party my wife introduced me to a guy at her office that had started to ride, 5 minutes into the conversation I learned that he bought and started riding his first road bike 3 months ago and he would average 24MPH on a 20 mile ride.. I did not say anything just smiled and was encouraging.. he kept calling me asking me to ride with him so after about a month of weekly calls I had him meet me for my commute home 22 miles later at an easy pace of 17 MPH he was dead and walking his bike up small hills... I got him home but it took forever.. I think sometimes "new" riders look down and see 24MPH for 10 seconds and think that is what they average..
 

·
Game on, b*tches!
Joined
·
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Racing/training/nutrition. Get my modus operandi correct, bucko.(And no, I have no idea how to spell that, as you can see.)
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top