Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· More Cowbell
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a long weekend and decided to catch up on some photography projects. I threw the new ones in with some that have been posted before....

No reason other than I wanted to share....

55/Rad

1992 Waterford 2200

1985 Dave Moulton Fuso

1986 Vetta SL

1990 Daccordi 50th Anniversary

2007 Orbea Orca

And here are some classics from the past...

1988 Pinarello Montello

1992 Giordana Spica

2003 Trek 5500

· Matnlely Dregaend
5,068 Posts
What camera/lens/flash? And more importantly, how do you keep the bikes from falling over?

· More Cowbell
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DrSmile said:
What camera/lens/flash? And more importantly, how do you keep the bikes from falling over?
Canon 20D with studio lights. Standard lens that came with the camera. Bikes not leaning against the wall are propped up by a small T-stand that hooks into the center of the crank on the rear side. It then gets photoshopped out.

55/Rad

· Windrider (Stubborn)
22,029 Posts
Nice....That Pinarello is one sweet bike.

Len

· Gruntled
3,775 Posts
Wow...

Great shots, and great bikes. Are they all yours? That Fuso is sweet. It takes me back; I had a teammate who rode one of those back in the mid-late 80s.

· More Cowbell
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
terry b said:
I'm throwing mine in the UHaul and coming up for a portrait sitting.

Nice, nice photos.
You get them here and I'll shoot them. Of course, I think you'll need more than a U-Haul trailer. Maybe a semi....

We'll make a weekend of it and get a ride or 2 in as well.

· Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
My fave paint scheme was on the Vetta. Not run-of -the-mill stuff. Good job on the pics. using a large overhead soft box with some other fill?

· More Cowbell
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mr. Versatile said:
My fave paint scheme was on the Vetta. Not run-of -the-mill stuff. Good job on the pics. using a large overhead soft box with some other fill?
Correct. 2 kino flows with daylight tubes overhead and a white bounce card on the floor. The Vetta is the definite sleeper of the bunch. Every bit the equal to its more pedigreed brethren. I love that bike.

Thanks for the comments.

55/Rad

· Registered
1,108 Posts
How bizarre...........

I was just thinking about your bike collection having seen one of your comments elsewhere, next thing i know you've saved me a search by reposting them all. You're slightly similar to me in as much as you seem to match retro and modern components - great collection.

The chrome Pinarello and the Daccordi are my fav, I also really like the Vetta and Fuso too - to be frank I really like them all.:thumbsup:

DannyBoy.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.