Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
stunning photos. i really like the first one.

around here, yellow-legs can be crazy noisy during the summer. not sure what all the racket is about... maybe protecting a nest.

·
Non non normal
10,102 Posts
I love it.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Trés cool.

I'll never be able to get such shots because the lens is too darned $$$!!!

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Awesome shots. I especially like number 2. What lens and camera were you using? I just got my eBay 50-200 yesterday and I'm ready to play.

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
uzziefly said:
Trés cool.

Then you just have to figure out how to get closer.

O_C_F - Nice shots.

TF

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
VaughnA said:
Awesome shots. I especially like number 2. What lens and camera were you using? I just got my eBay 50-200 yesterday and I'm ready to play.
Thanks. I really enjoyed shooting it that day. I got close as I could. The yellow legs were walking towards me on the shore. It was low tide. It got so close that I couldn't even frame the entire bird in my viewfinder. I was crouching down on some muddy river bed. :) And then this dude was walking above me for no freaking reason. It spooked it. I got enough shots that day. Gears? Canon 1dmarkII, Canon 500L F4 IS with a Canon 1.4x converter. Effective focal length is 700mm. :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
uzziefly said:
Trés cool.

Well, is not just about the gear. You still have to locate your subjects at the right time and right sun light. Then, you need to frame the shot in a way that tree branches and leaves aren't in the way. The subject has to be in wide open to get that perfect pose. You also must have the camera ready with all the right setting when your subject does show up at the right place and right time. My heart would always skip a beat when the bird get so close that I could frame it entirely. :)

·
I like Chicken
1,403 Posts
Pretty birds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.