·
angel of the morning
2,984 Posts
i got a set - cool but no sex in the champagne room

swanky - yes,

overpriced - yes,

work well - yes,

comfortable - yes,

would i do it again - no .... i'd probably buy a set of chorus or centaur brifters then rip the shifting guts out and set aside if needed for future project. buying the bits to convert them is a lot more expensive than doing the reverse.

my motivation was adding some "look i got carbon fibre" for an otherwise old-tech and good old heavy steel bike and also i wanted to know that i could find a replacement set of hoods most anywhere. actual weight saved for choosing carbon levers is to me of very little importance but for an all carbon junkie - go for it.

yeah, yeah i know - if its for a fixie then why do you need the shifter bits - 'ya never know what parts plans may come and besides who needs brakes on a fixie. definately better than any campy brake only lever.

not an ideal pic but below is how they looked on a road bike. still use them on current bike with delta calipers and it is a big improvement from the original capy aero brakes.

if my partial pic of a roadbike doth offend those on this board then im sorry and hope to appease by adding the related picture - spend your cheeze on hubs !!!!!

ciao

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Those levers would be hot!

Kind of like the Moots ti seat post I put on my $300 Fuji track bike. I couldn't resist...I picked the post up used for about 50 bucks. I haven't had time to take a photo of my bike yet, but soon!

fixie chick

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
fixie chick said:
Kind of like the Moots ti seat post I put on my $300 Fuji track bike. I couldn't resist...I picked the post up used for about 50 bucks. I haven't had time to take a photo of my bike yet, but soon!

fixie chick
I know the feeling. My Van Dessel rain bike has a Campy record carbon seatpost. It was the only 27.2 post I had

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was looking at the sheriff star hubs.....

But you dont necessarily have to spend big cheez to buy stuff that is the "things that are sooooo right in this universe" list. An ice cold Molsen Golden only costs a couple of bucks but it is at the top of the list after a hot day at the grind....

·
Registered
32 Posts
yeah right said:
Do your homework before bidding on ebay, kiddies! These are not rare.
they aren't? i can't find them. are we both talking about the campy sheriff star hubs? Does anyone have pics?? I saw one once, drooled, but then forgot to bookmark the page. I'd love to be able to build a wheel with one..
The ebay link above is dead, so apologies if i'm off-topic here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.