Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
7,890 Posts
Mapei said:
I still ride the Somec Supercorsa I bought in 1985. Very soft riding. Slightly whippy. But it's also got at least 25,000 miles on it by now, so I may have softened it up a bit. Anyway, a quality brand. Made with care. If you search through this site for the Green Bike Thread, you'll come across a picture of it.

i can't believe this urban myth about steel frames softening.. it makes no sense! i think you toughened up and now perceive it as soft.:) .

·
Banned
7,890 Posts
cadence90 said:
Nice bike.

2 things of interest:
1) There is no "Mr. Somec." SOMEC stands for SOcieta' MECcanica. The founder/owner of SOMEC is Oliviero Gallegati, a former Giro mechanic.

2) The "Ferrari" horse was, before becoming the Ferrari symbol (with the tail up), the symbol (crest) of the Italian aviator and WWI ace Count Francesco Baracca, also from Lugo, Romagna. The Baracca family later donated the symbol (which had the tail down) to Ferrari.

your somec theory is a fraud cadence baby.. i dated the daughter of mr. somec for 3 yrs (not exclusively). we used to have sex on maranello where i rode the ferrari horse myself many many times. the horse obeyed only to me and Enzo.

·
Banned
7,890 Posts
cadence90 said:
Speaking of frauds, you're the guy with that "Pinarello" which is really just a cheap rebadged Caloi, right?
Pinarello means "rebadged" in italian. it's a slang for petty criminal... "tu pinarello!" means ..."yo, street hustler".
mr. caloi is a long lost brother of enzo ferrari and i have dated marylin caloi extensively so i know what i am talking about...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts