Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
Joined
·
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...

78 Daniele Righi (Ita) Lampre
79 Trent Lowe (Aus) Team Garmin-Chipotle p/b H30
80 Marcus Burghardt (Ger) Team Columbia....................35.45
81 Stuart O'Grady (Aus) Team CSC - Saxo Bank........38.00
82 Robert Hunter (RSA) Barloworld
83 Filippo Pozzato (Ita) Liquigas
84 Robbie McEwen (Aus) Silence - Lotto

85 Geoffroy Lequatre (Fra) Agritubel
86 Manuel Quinziato (Ita) Liquigas

...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2008/tour08/?id=results/tour0817
 

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
Joined
·
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sgt_hedgehog said:
dude wtf are you talking about.

it looks to me like all the sprinters finished 38 minutes down on alpe d' huez. that is incredibly normal.
of course its normal.

really?

wait. really?!? wow! no one else finds it comical that a bunch of sprinters are sprinting for 81st place at the top of a HC climb?

:shocked:
 

·
What the Hell is going on
Joined
·
5,873 Posts
Cruzer2424 said:
of course its normal.

really?

wait. really?!? wow! no one else finds it comical that a bunch of sprinters are sprinting for 81st place at the top of a HC climb?

:shocked:
That's what Sprinters do. They Sprint. What 'ju talkin' 'bout, Willis?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
Its not so much that they sprinted as that they were driving the autobus. The sprinters are usually the ones in the grupetto day in and day out in the MTNs so they end up being the ones calling the shots as far a tempo even up the climbs so when they finish they stay in the front.
 

·
Slightly Opinionated
Joined
·
10,402 Posts
Cruzer2424 said:
of course its normal.

really?

wait. really?!? wow! no one else finds it comical that a bunch of sprinters are sprinting for 81st place at the top of a HC climb?

:shocked:
The grupetto all finishes at the same time. What a surprise?

Are you saying you don't get why they actually break into a bunch sprint for it?
 

·
waterproof*
Joined
·
41,745 Posts
32and3cross said:
Its not so much that they sprinted as that they were driving the autobus. The sprinters are usually the ones in the grupetto day in and day out in the MTNs so they end up being the ones calling the shots as far a tempo even up the climbs so when they finish they stay in the front.

+1

Every once in a while VS will show the grupetto coming across the line, or waaaaay down the mountain just rolling along. The sprinters are at the front, setting the pace, and that's how they roll across the line. They don't sprint.
 

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
Joined
·
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Creakyknees said:
+1

Every once in a while VS will show the grupetto coming across the line, or waaaaay down the mountain just rolling along. The sprinters are at the front, setting the pace, and that's how they roll across the line. They don't sprint.
I was wondering that myself... then I checked the other day's results.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top