86 Manuel Quinziato (Ita) Liquigas

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2008/tour08/?id=results/tour0817

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sgt_hedgehog said:
dude wtf are you talking about.

it looks to me like all the sprinters finished 38 minutes down on alpe d' huez. that is incredibly normal.
of course its normal.

really?

wait. really?!? wow! no one else finds it comical that a bunch of sprinters are sprinting for 81st place at the top of a HC climb?

:shocked:

·
What the Hell is going on
5,873 Posts
Cruzer2424 said:
of course its normal.

really?

wait. really?!? wow! no one else finds it comical that a bunch of sprinters are sprinting for 81st place at the top of a HC climb?

That's what Sprinters do. They Sprint. What 'ju talkin' 'bout, Willis?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Its not so much that they sprinted as that they were driving the autobus. The sprinters are usually the ones in the grupetto day in and day out in the MTNs so they end up being the ones calling the shots as far a tempo even up the climbs so when they finish they stay in the front.

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,402 Posts
Cruzer2424 said:
of course its normal.

really?

The grupetto all finishes at the same time. What a surprise?

Are you saying you don't get why they actually break into a bunch sprint for it?

·
waterproof*
41,745 Posts
32and3cross said:
Its not so much that they sprinted as that they were driving the autobus. The sprinters are usually the ones in the grupetto day in and day out in the MTNs so they end up being the ones calling the shots as far a tempo even up the climbs so when they finish they stay in the front.

+1

Every once in a while VS will show the grupetto coming across the line, or waaaaay down the mountain just rolling along. The sprinters are at the front, setting the pace, and that's how they roll across the line. They don't sprint.

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Creakyknees said:
+1

Every once in a while VS will show the grupetto coming across the line, or waaaaay down the mountain just rolling along. The sprinters are at the front, setting the pace, and that's how they roll across the line. They don't sprint.
I was wondering that myself... then I checked the other day's results.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.