Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
gone biking...
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cycling clothes that allow you to tan THROUGH them. Summer just started and my cycling tan is already insane. It's like I dipped my arms & legs in a vat of chocolate and didn't wash it off. Not to mention a female I took home one night actually giggled when she saw me.

Why hasn't anyone thought of this? Can't someone develop some sort of fabric that allows the sun's rays to penetrate through? (but still keep you covered). Or is something like that impossible?? I think a lot of people would buy it...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Edit... i sound like a pompous ass....but cant seem to make the post any better...

it wouldn't work anyway... you would still tan less through the clothes than you would on your bare skin...
otoh if you put a high spf uva uvb sunblock on you should tan a lot less on your arms, and be less likely to get skin cancer....
Contrary to common perception, people with dark skin are more likely to die from skin cancer than those with fairer skin, warn US researchers.

Although the disease is less common, when it does occur it is typically more aggressive and diagnosed later, which leads to more deaths, they explain.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5219752.stm

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,380 Posts
You can also make a habit of joining in more naked cycling activities. In Fremont (Seattle) the Solstice Parade is always a big hit for the nude cycling parade. Also, the communities in California's Coachella Valley (Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Indio, Cathedral City, Indian Wells and Desert Hot Springs) are very tolerant of nudists and have loads of clothing optional activities for nudists, naturists and nudist wannabe's like yourself. Of course there is a greater increase in the possibility of getting cancer on your pecker...and I'm sure all the nudists are over 65 years of age. Then again... you could be a real hit out there.

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
Antonelli said:
Cycling clothes that allow you to tan THROUGH them. Summer just started and my cycling tan is already insane. It's like I dipped my arms & legs in a vat of chocolate and didn't wash it off. Not to mention a female I took home one night actually giggled when she saw me.

Why hasn't anyone thought of this? Can't someone develop some sort of fabric that allows the sun's rays to penetrate through? (but still keep you covered). Or is something like that impossible?? I think a lot of people would buy it...

Here's some to make you dumber than you already look. And yes I think you look stupid. Just your face.

http://www.tanthrough.com/index.htm

·
Registered
345 Posts
just to add my name to the list, I ALWAYS get teased about my bikers tan.... my favorite was when i had the little circles on my hands from the gloves

...and i am uber white, with a family history of cancer so..... no excuses here

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I always thought bikers wore leather and chaps,
Oh, you mean cyclists.
That's known around here as a farmers tan.

·
Descender
2,213 Posts
Here's an invention for you - go to the nudist bike events with your very own saddle chamois - you don't wear it the seat does.

Or how about some sort of tarzan loincloth chamois - at least you'd almost be naked.

Honestly - wear sunscreen by the boatload. Whole host of issues on this topic

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Creakyknees said:
Or, be a metrosexual hipster and go to a tanning bed. Your choice.
That's how I even out!:eek: :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.