Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
~Mods please move if this is the wrong place.~

So I was riding today, and i passed these people I know...and they thought it would be cool if they threw a rock at me. Well they did and hit my frame...so now there is a pretty good size chunk missing in my frame.

So my question is, can I make him do anything? Since I know where he lives. I have pictures to prove that I'm not lying. I know I could beat the crap out of him...but that would just get me in trouble.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You see, i thought about that but...my bike already has some battle bruises on it and i really dont want to get that deep into it.

I'm new to road biking and dont know a lot about them. But can you fix chunks like that? or would you have to buy a whole new frame?

· Registered
441 Posts
trekrider321 said:
~Mods please move if this is the wrong place.~

So I was riding today, and i passed these people I know...and they thought it would be cool if they threw a rock at me. Well they did and hit my frame...so now there is a pretty good size chunk missing in my frame.

So my question is, can I make him do anything? Since I know where he lives. I have pictures to prove that I'm not lying. I know I could beat the crap out of him...but that would just get me in trouble.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Frame aside, what the clown did constituted criminal assault and reckless endangerment. You should immediately call the police and file a criminal complaint. Once you do that, you can sue should it remain necessary. Hopefully, the police will do their job and get a plea, and any suit you bring to collect the value of the frame will be much easier. You need to go to the police immediately, and I'd suggest that you be prepared to provide the names of any/all witnesses.

· Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,955 Posts
I would take my frame, and throw it at his face.

· Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
If you live in Texas, you are allowed to shoot him.

· Call me a Fred
17,025 Posts
Get to know a better quality group of people.

· Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
Looks like chipped paint in an aluminum frame. You can fix it with touch up paint from an auto-supply store, model enamel from a hobby shop or black nail polish from . . . . I guess I don't know where to get black nail polish. . . Anyway, assuming it is just paint damage, it is easy to fix.

I don't know if this person was trying to hurt you or just being an idiot, but you should make it known that he is receiving his one and only chance to find something better to do with his time than mess with you.

· Registered
3,477 Posts
Totally with everyone else. This is far less about the bike and far more about your safety. What if he had hit YOU and not the bike? Check the damage on the bike and see what needs to be done. If there is a substanial money outlay needed, get yourself some cash from this "friend". If the bike is ok, then make it crystal clear to this "friend" that if it were to happen again, he wouldn't like the consequences.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.