Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· No team-cest unless 8+!
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone posts all these pics of bike p0rn... and to tell you the truth, I'm jealous.

So I'm going to post something different.

This is my bike. Its not really new. I got it last year and have slowly been upgrading it. Its not bike p0rn. Its a tool (from m-w.com... "something (as an instrument or apparatus) used in performing an operation or necessary in the practice of a vocation or profession"). Its a work horse that I use for getting around the race course as fast as I possibly can.

I love riding.

· Registered
1,158 Posts
She's a beaut

I like it a lot. Simple, but puposeful looking.

Cruzer2424 said:
Everyone posts all these pics of bike p0rn... and to tell you the truth, I'm jealous.

So I'm going to post something different.

This is my bike. Its not really new. I got it last year and have slowly been upgrading it. Its not bike p0rn. Its a tool (from m-w.com... "something (as an instrument or apparatus) used in performing an operation or necessary in the practice of a vocation or profession"). Its a work horse that I use for getting around the race course as fast as I possibly can.

I love riding.
________
Air bag vaporizers

· Registered
123 Posts
IMO, that is a sweet looking rig.

The bars you have are actually my favorite. FSA aluminum bars don't seem to get much attention here on RBR, but they work great for me. I'm curious about the wheels and saddle you are sportin', can you fill me on what they are?

7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Boardmill said:
IMO, that is a sweet looking rig.

The bars you have are actually my favorite. FSA aluminum bars don't seem to get much attention here on RBR, but they work great for me. I'm curious about the wheels and saddle you are sportin', can you fill me on what they are?
Wheels are a Dura Ace/Velocity Fusion custom build.

the saddle is actually made by a BMX company. The company is called Funn. I can't find the page anywhere.

· Slowpoke
86 Posts
Nice, tasteful, nothing over the top. I like the matching yellow accent on tires and frame. How does it ride over long distances?
I have the same FSA bars on my bike. Glad I went for that instead of tweaky carbon bars. They're lighter too.

7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Carbonman said:
Nice, tasteful, nothing over the top. I like the matching yellow accent on tires and frame. How does it ride over long distances?
I have the same FSA bars on my bike. Glad I went for that instead of tweaky carbon bars. They're lighter too.

That's the whole idea behind the build. I'm a college student. I can't afford the best bike stuff around, nor can afford to replace something ridiculous like carbon bars wrecked in one of the local crits. The bike was built to be a practical, no frills, racing machine.

As far as long distance riding, it works. The stays are carbon along with the fork. Its already a huge improvement over the old Giant I used to race on. I don't really have much to compare it to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.