Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Polka Power
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished the new commuter/round towner bike. 92 or 93 Bridgestone RB-2. Braze ons removed, hanger removed, fender eyelets added (blasphemey? It is only a RB-*2*)....new paint. New fenders. Oldish parts from previous round towner that broke. Kitchen under construction....

.....Booring picture. I will take more....just not right now as I am short on time.

· Polka Power
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MB1 said:
A stylish towner....hmmm, a bike I don't already have........hmmm.........

"Oh, Miss M........."
Ebay bargain....it was in good shape except for the paint which was shot. That's ok, after adding and removing stuff, it needed paint anyhow. I'm sure you have enough parts laying around to finish most of the rest....should be easy to talk her into one. :)

I think this weekend I'm going to strap the rack onto it and head out for an overnighter in the hills. Hopefully will get some pictures.

Oh...the kitchen. This is actually my brothers place Big house so I rent space and part of an office....works out well. Currently sucks right now, cooking with the microwave and eating out gets old. That said, it should be nice when finished and it's not coming out of my pocket.

· Polka Power
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh and I just finished it's first true voyage. Over into the burbs to a photog friends house...then over to the bank...then (even though I have work to do) around the Schuyllkill and Wissahikon rivers to check out the scene. We have some serious flooding around the Philadelphia area and it isn't supposed to crest in most places until later today/this eve.

The bike feels great. As far as my fixed gears go, it's a world away from the Rush Hour. That's good. The Rush is stiff, fast, and ultra responsive (and climbs like no other). This one is still quick but glides down the road...doing everything a bit more relaxed. I cranked some serious hills with it and it never felt too flexy, just nice and springy. It's always good to have choices.

I wouldn't mind a slightly stiffer stem. However, this one will do fine for now.

· Polka Power
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nate said:
Nice bike.

I had to trim my fender stays in the front to prevent toe overlap.
I did the same. Diamond shaped cable cutters (same ones i use on cables and housing) did the job quickly and cleanly.

My toe is really close to the fender but doesn't touch....sweet!

· Polka Power
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jplatzner said:
It looks like a Sachs. Pretty. I like the white on the head tube.
I had the paint done by the son or a friend of mine. The kid knows car paint, but never touched a bike. I gave him a picture of a Sachs and an Oswald frame. I was half hoping for excellence and half expecting a crap job. For the most part he did really well. The headtube lines aren't perfect, the one decal isnt quite straight....and some other minor blems. Over all it looks pretty good. I kinda wish I explained to put the downtube panel down further (oswald frame had the panel like mine is painted)...but I just let him go at it. The red has a pearl in it and it really looks nice.

Good enough....it is the townie after all.

· remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
ChuckUni said:
Thanks!

Champagne...no. But close, beer. One is a Chimay cork with a big "C." The other is a Unibroue cork with a big "U." CU as in Chuck Uni. Cheesy I suppose but I like 'em.
Very nice, great touch!
Cheers great looking bike.

· Polka Power
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok....once again I was out wrenching at dusk and decided to take a few shots before it was completely dark. Bit better than the kitchen shot....but I still need to take more.

I lost one of the corks this past weekend, so it's back to plain ole black bar plugs until I get another.

Anyhow...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.