Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Cycling 4 the fun of it.
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not sure it this qualifies to be in this forum. But, I wanted something new but, have some classic lines.

Frame;
Masi Lugged
Limited Edition (Raw)

Drive;
Crank: SunTour (Superbe Pro) CW-3000
Chairing: Campagnolo (Record) 46t
Bottom bracket: American Classic
Freewheel: White Industries 18t*
Chain: IZUMI*

Stop;
Brake Calipers: Campagnolo
Brake Levers: TRP (Retro)*
Brake Cables: V.O. (Metallic Braid)*

Cockpit;
Bars: V.O. (GRAND CRU Rando) *
Headset: V.O. (GRAND CRU) *
Stem: V.O. 100mm / 17· *
Bar tape: BR (Eleganza) *
Seat Post: Origin8 (Pro-Fit) *
Saddle:

Wheelset / Tires;
Hubs: Suzue (ProMax)
Rims: Sun Ringle
Spokes: DT Swiss
Tires: Michelin (28c) *

Extras;
Wingnuts: V.O. *
Tensioners: Surly (Tuggnut) *
Pedals: MKS (Sylvan) *
Toe Clips: MKS *
Straps: V.O. Leather *
Bottle Cage's: N+1 Leather *
Bottles: Klean Kanteen *
Seat Bag: Brooks (Isle of Wight)*

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle wheel rim Wheel

Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part Bicycle accessory White Bicycle frame

Bicycle drivetrain part Bicycle part Crankset Bicycle chain Bicycle pedal

·
Registered
8,778 Posts
What's up with the bar tape by the brake levers? It almost looks like electrical tape.

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,806 Posts
That is a nice looking bike. Is that a newer Masi? I'm guessing it is with a threadless fork.

·
Cycling 4 the fun of it.
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
What's up with the bar tape by the brake levers? It almost looks like electrical tape.
It is electrical tape. Why? that bar tape has two colors. It might look good in a even rap down a bar but, once you need to do the cross around the lever. it looks like **** in that area of the bar. The black tape in my eye balanced out that area...i don't know how else to describe it.

Unfortunately, the tape in the photo it doesn't look its best because of riding. Going to a sold color bar tape would be a better choice.

That is a nice looking bike. Is that a newer Masi? I'm guessing it is with a threadless fork.
It's a new masi frame. 2011

However, the cranks, chainring and brakes are original stuff. yet, in new condition that you can find on ebay.

Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Mode of transport Bicycle part
Something old, something new.

·
Registered
8,778 Posts
It is electrical tape. Why? that bar tape has two colors. It might look good in a even rap down a bar but, once you need to do the cross around the lever. it looks like **** in that area of the bar. The black tape in my eye balanced out that area...i don't know how else to describe it.

Unfortunately, the tape in the photo it doesn't look its best because of riding. Going to a sold color bar tape would be a better choice.
It's just that the electrical tape gives it a patched up\unfinished look that doesn't do the bike justice.

I agree about the solid color bar tape.

·
Cycling 4 the fun of it.
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's just that the electrical tape gives it a patched up\unfinished look that doesn't do the bike justice.

I agree about the solid color bar tape.
Here's is a better photo of when i first completed laying the bar tape. Anywho, my next taping will be with a sold color. :)

Bicycle handlebar Bicycle accessory Bicycle part Bicycle Bicycle frame

·
Cycling 4 the fun of it.
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Small Details.

Bicycle wheel rim Spoke Bicycle accessory Rim Bicycle tire

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle part Spoke Bicycle

Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle handlebar

Thank you everyone for the complements.

·
Registered
8,778 Posts
I just noticed that you've got your brakes set up right front, how'd you end up there? I know it's done that way in England but it's rare here in the US, is why I ask.

·
Cycling 4 the fun of it.
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I just noticed that you've got your brakes set up right front, how'd you end up there? I know it's done that way in England but it's rare here in the US, is why I ask.
No special reason other then aesthetics. Leaving the head badge and head tube uncluttered.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have my bikes set up that way also. It is moto style. I got used to my motorcycle being that way. It gets my bicycle mechanic every time.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I would go right front for the same reason if it were not for the ease of stopping the rear wheel when I am tuning on the stand with a right rear set up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts