Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can make you nuts about your bike. I had an issue with my Isaac Impulse making noise in the front end. Creaking handlebars, noisy headset, popping and clicking. It winds up that the carbon headset cover that Isaac ships with frame has a slanted edge where the spacers sit.

So, the spacers don't sit flat on the headset cover which under load causes hell to break loose. I was worried it was due to their fork recall and the new expander they required due to some stem and set up combinations.

That turns out to not be the issue and something so small, I hope. But every integrated headset frame I have owned have been a little noisy for one reason or another until I got them dialed in. :D

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Niiice!!! How many bikes are you up to now Lazy? Still have your Mongoose (or Diamondback??) carbon and Litespeed? Rank em if you could be bothered. Thanks!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks,
I recently sold off 2 bikes because the Isaac made 7. Too many and I still may sell my Trek. The Mongoose Bosberg is probably my favorite bike still but I upgraded my Litespeed Solano which I am really enjoying. The Isaac hopefully is dialed in now but it is very snappy and fast. Time will tell where it ranks but first impressions are good.
I never though I would like compact/sloping TT but it fits my body better than traditional geometry. I rarely ride the Trek but I may hold onto it. I sold my Litespeed Classic and Scott flat bar. Still have my Fuji mountain bike but it needs new cables, shifting is all out of wack from hanging up for too long.
Here is my stable.

Sold

Ride-Fly said:
Niiice!!! How many bikes are you up to now Lazy? Still have your Mongoose (or Diamondback??) carbon and Litespeed? Rank em if you could be bothered. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
You should keep the Trek. It looks great and is sort of a contemporary classic. My two cents.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah,
Thanks, I think if I didn't have white bars and stem I would have went with white tape. Figured white stem and bars aren't that common yet so they stand out more with black tape. Plus my buddy had white tape and it is filthy gray color already.

Arginine said:
Isaac Impulse is beautiful, though I think it's screaming for some white bar tape.:)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know, I go back and forth about selling it. Someitmes I want to upgrade it and make it lighter but then I say to myself how often will I ride it? Sram Red would be nice on the Trek.

rcnute said:
You should keep the Trek. It looks great and is sort of a contemporary classic. My two cents.

·
You Phillip mah census
4,665 Posts
Reading matter.

Some great bikes. Just read your review of the Mongoose. I think you got a lot of bike for the money. Just out of curiosity, did you sell your wife's magazine collection to finance the Mongoose?:D I saw an Isaac a couple of days ago in Tokyo. A courier made a big show of overtaking me in Akihabara as I was riding along on my fixie. I caught him at the next set of lights.. Not sure which model he was riding as it was dark. Love the shape of that frame.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Lazyrider said:
Thanks,
I recently sold off 2 bikes because the Isaac made 7. Too many and I still may sell my Trek. The Mongoose Bosberg is probably my favorite bike still but I upgraded my Litespeed Solano which I am really enjoying. The Isaac hopefully is dialed in now but it is very snappy and fast. Time will tell where it ranks but first impressions are good.
I never though I would like compact/sloping TT but it fits my body better than traditional geometry. I rarely ride the Trek but I may hold onto it. I sold my Litespeed Classic and Scott flat bar. Still have my Fuji mountain bike but it needs new cables, shifting is all out of wack from hanging up for too long.
I didn't realize you had all those bikes. You CAN'T get rid of the Trek! Although I am not a big Trek fan, that is a keeper. Like the other poster said...contemporary classic. That Impulse is really nice looking, the more that I look at it! Good job!

I am trying to find a used, inexpensive Litespeed to complement my stable. I like the Tuscany but to tell the truth, Litespeed has made so many different models, it makes my head spin trying to keep track of them. Vortex, Ultimate, Icon, Tuscany, Solano, Classic, Archon, Arenberg, and on and on and on and on! I'm not a fan of "bent" Ti tubing like the Ultimate and Archon. I prefer the G.E.T. of some of the older Tuscany's. Been keeping my eye open on the 'bay.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ride,
I go back and forth on selling the Trek. Maybe I will upgrade it and lighten it up a little with new wheels and a lighter crank.

As far as getting an older Litespeed, the Solano I have is the same frame as the 2000-2001 Tuscany which if you look at the 40 reviews it received, it has an average of 4.95 which is very high for a frame reviewed that much. See link below.

I had a 2002 Vortex, which I didn't like the feel on the road and I traded it in on the Solano which is a great frame. I prefer the shape of more rounded tubes but they are still considered GET. The more bladed tube shapes makes for a less compliant ride. The Classic I recently sold was a great frame as well, but the Tuscany or Solano will give you a stiffer ride while still being comfortable. The Isaac is a great bike and I love the simplicity of it. The 09 Rival is amazing for what I paid. I have a pair of Easton EA90 SLX wheels to lighten it up a little more. Be patient and wait for a Solano or older Tuscany.

http://www.roadbikereview.com/mfr/litespeed/older-road-bike/PRD_23645_1610crx.aspx

Ride-Fly said:
I didn't realize you had all those bikes. You CAN'T get rid of the Trek! Although I am not a big Trek fan, that is a keeper. Like the other poster said...contemporary classic. That Impulse is really nice looking, the more that I look at it! Good job!

I am trying to find a used, inexpensive Litespeed to complement my stable. I like the Tuscany but to tell the truth, Litespeed has made so many different models, it makes my head spin trying to keep track of them. Vortex, Ultimate, Icon, Tuscany, Solano, Classic, Archon, Arenberg, and on and on and on and on! I'm not a fan of "bent" Ti tubing like the Ultimate and Archon. I prefer the G.E.T. of some of the older Tuscany's. Been keeping my eye open on the 'bay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts