Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I threw some new cranks on my commuter on Saturday. I went from Sugino 75's to these Pake ones. Why would I do something like that, you ask?

Well, the Suginos were old. Really old. And the spider was bent on them. And the threads you use to pull them with were about 3/4 of the way gone. Could hardly get a bite on them when trying to pull them this last time (had to service my BB from all that rain riding).

So I got these. I was made a deal I couldn't refuse. Apparently the color was a little off, making them more pink than red, and just uncool enough for my LBS to sell them off. And because I'll take a deal when I can get one, I knew what to do.

I also had to get a new chain, so I figured I might as well own the goofiness.

For your enjoyment:

joe

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
Hollywood said:
your rims don't match.

frisk!
Yeah. What she said.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
love the blue chain/pink ring combo, u need some lime green on that thing.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
you're only about 15 yrs too late for the "weird-anodized-colors-on-bike-parts" fad. I'm so glad that didn't last.

If you're high enough on the cool scale, maybe you'll resurrect the craze. God, I hope not!

·
Two scoops of inertia.
529 Posts
Another member of the superflash club!

Your bike has a certain Je-ne-sais-quoi now... Something about the racy look with just the right ammount of alley cat shiek.

How do you like that twin six cap? I've been meaning to order that one.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gutfiddle said:
love the blue chain/pink ring combo, u need some lime green on that thing.

Fizik makes a green bar tape that matches the Liquigas kit/bike. I think I might spring for that stuff. I've wanted it for a few weeks now, but I have a hard time justifying new tape when the stuff I have (same tape, Fizik Microtex) is still in really good shape. I recommend this tape to anyone and everyone.

joe

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dr. Placebo said:
Another member of the superflash club!

Your bike has a certain Je-ne-sais-quoi now... Something about the racy look with just the right ammount of alley cat shiek.

How do you like that twin six cap? I've been meaning to order that one.

It's my favorite cap ever. Serious. The bill seems to be the perfect length for me, and it keeps its form but is not stiff.

joe

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2cflyr said:

Everything on my bike is unplanned. Seriously.

The rear wheel is blue because I blew out my black Deep V and I got a deal on the rim because someone bought the other blue one with a machined side wall, so they had this one laying around forever. Got it for a great deal.

Similar deal with the cranks, as I explained. The chain was an added touch, but it was a last minute addition. Kind of like a "wtf not?"

It's all on accident!

I'm not a slave to fashion. Fashion is a slave to me.

joe

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
unclefuzzy_ss said:
totally.

Joeh's a hipster! Just wait. By the end of the summer, he'll be in skinny pants, cut off mid calf and wearing Van's[nttawwwv].

Hey, I've been wearing Vans since before I could walk!

joe

·
Mehpic
8,162 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
Everything on my bike is unplanned. Seriously.

The rear wheel is blue because I blew out my black Deep V and I got a deal on the rim because someone bought the other blue one with a machined side wall, so they had this one laying around forever. Got it for a great deal.

Similar deal with the cranks, as I explained. The chain was an added touch, but it was a last minute addition. Kind of like a "wtf not?"

It's all on accident!

I'm not a slave to fashion. Fashion is a slave to me.

joe
so, slave master, whats the new black?:confused:

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Administrator
13,010 Posts
My Eyes! The goggles do nothing!

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
you got a lot of junk in yer trunk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.