Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah...

KenB said:
Someone pee in your Fruit Loops?
Nah, just looking at all of the "noise" in here during le Tour every year. That's all. Although there are some good posts and discussions, but I could do without the following (just my simple caveman opinion here):

Sasquatch commercials
OLN Sweepstakes
Phonak Helmets
Phonak team colors for NEXT year
AL is OK
Most Likeable Rider (like we know any of them)

And so on and so forth...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,838 Posts
magnolialover said:
Nah, just looking at all of the "noise" in here during le Tour every year. That's all. Although there are some good posts and discussions, but I could do without the following (just my simple caveman opinion here):

Sasquatch commercials
OLN Sweepstakes
Phonak Helmets
Phonak team colors for NEXT year
AL is OK
Most Likeable Rider (like we know any of them)

And so on and so forth...
Add: Sometimes... :cool:
 

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
Joined
·
24,208 Posts
magnolialover said:
Nah, just looking at all of the "noise" in here during le Tour every year. That's all. Although there are some good posts and discussions, but I could do without the following (just my simple caveman opinion here):

Sasquatch commercials
OLN Sweepstakes
Phonak Helmets
Phonak team colors for NEXT year
AL is OK
Most Likeable Rider (like we know any of them)

And so on and so forth...
LOL, that's what Teh Lounge and PO are here for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,055 Posts
magnolialover said:
Nah, just looking at all of the "noise" in here during le Tour every year. That's all. Although there are some good posts and discussions, but I could do without the following (just my simple caveman opinion here):

Sasquatch commercials
OLN Sweepstakes
Phonak Helmets
Phonak team colors for NEXT year
AL is OK
Most Likeable Rider (like we know any of them)

And so on and so forth...
add to the list posts mysteriously titled "sometimes..."... containing nothing but mysterious "I hate this time of the year" first... followed up by whining about something that can be easily avoided by not clicking at topics that don't interest you... unless they are mysteriously mislabeled "sometimes..." - then you DO have to click on them to see what they are about. :rolleyes:
 

·
Back from the dead
Joined
·
20,800 Posts
Are you kidding? This has actually been a fairly boring TDF on RBR, compared to previous years. I'm sure it has to do mostly with Lance being gone, and of course, most of the other favorites gone, too. You actually have to follow racing to some extent to know who the current contenders are, and knowing racing certainly wasn't a requirement for spewing crap before!
 

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
Joined
·
24,208 Posts
mohair_chair said:
Are you kidding? This has actually been a fairly boring TDF on RBR, compared to previous years. I'm sure it has to do mostly with Lance being gone, and of course, most of the other favorites gone, too. You actually have to follow racing to some extent to know who the current contenders are, and knowing racing certainly wasn't a requirement for spewing crap before!
It's kinda kewl, isn't it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
True...

mohair_chair said:
Are you kidding? This has actually been a fairly boring TDF on RBR, compared to previous years. I'm sure it has to do mostly with Lance being gone, and of course, most of the other favorites gone, too. You actually have to follow racing to some extent to know who the current contenders are, and knowing racing certainly wasn't a requirement for spewing crap before!
True, since Lance retired, we don't have to hear about his training, who he is or not dating, and so on. I always get frustrated at the number of silly posts this time of year. Just expressing that frustration. And no, I haven't actually read too many of those posts, they're just taking up the space for other posts about the actual racing going on out there. Ah well, can't stop it, so might as well complain about it a little bit. This post, being another non-racing post of course. Ironic no? I love having a sense of irony.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Sometimes, I love this time of year. It's the time of year when it's so much easier to follow racing. TV coverage of the race is there, televised interviews are there, background pieces and historical clips are shown on "mainstream" cable TV. Yep, it's a good time of year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,838 Posts
magnolialover said:
True, since Lance retired, we don't have to hear about his training, who he is or not dating, and so on. I always get frustrated at the number of silly posts this time of year. Just expressing that frustration. And no, I haven't actually read too many of those posts, they're just taking up the space for other posts about the actual racing going on out there. Ah well, can't stop it, so might as well complain about it a little bit. This post, being another non-racing post of course. Ironic no? I love having a sense of irony.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...,807642.story?coll=chi-entertainmentfront-hed
...
Crow and Armstrong announced their breakup in February. The 44-year-old rocker says the split was "devastating" for both of them.

"I do think about Lance every day," she says. "And I think about his kids every day."

When Crow learned she had cancer, she contacted the seven-time Tour de France champion, who was on a solo road trip from Lake Tahoe, Calif., to Oregon.

"When I got that news, I can't even describe it," says Armstrong, who is a survivor of testicular cancer. "It was the cruelest twist. ... I actually turned around to make the drive to L.A. We talked along the way and she said, `You know, I just don't think that's a great idea.'"
...


Says the 34-year-old Armstrong of their split: "We were at different points in our lives."
 

·
Resident Dutchbag
Joined
·
11,941 Posts
snapdragen said:
So I guess now isn't the time to post "Who's the cutest rider in the peloton?"
Go on, tell us who's the handsomest fella on a bike then. Surely not Landis, how's about Hincapie? Does he rock your system?
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top