Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
your text here
Joined
·
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
its a work-rant. sorry.

so last week this chick is all up in business about having a meeting to discuss this training she is "leading." the quotes are because i will somehow get sucked into creating it either with her or most likely for her. its training that she feels should be on a sign-up-if-you-want-to-come basis. we all know nobody is gonna do that, right?
so she schedules a meeting for this morning. "we really need to talk about this, and the sooner the better. because its coming up and you, i mean we, wont have much time to get it done.

it was also requested i detail all the training we are doing for this project. her section is the only one with holes. i have to deliver that today.

she called this morning, thinking i wasnt here. i surprised her by answering the phone at 6:40. she wanted to leave a message that she needs to cancel the meeting because she "cant make it. im goin to reschedule it for next week. i need you to get a room." so i tell her where she can find a list of available rooms. she obviously knows this as she has done this before.
so im headed to get some water for my tea, and at the time we were supposed to meet i see her tagging along to a meeting for a project that is due to be complete more than 6 months after this one. she saw me, realized i knew what time it was, and slunk away.

this is on top of the other project i have that is royally screwed by too many cooks. yesterday they tried to ambush me by inviting me to a meeting and then secrectly inviting 6 others. they tried to pin me down as screwing something up, when it was my boss who did what they thought was messed up. not only that, but the people in the room didnt know the full story, and it wasnt my boss screwing up so much as it was the programmers making descisions and not letting the stake holders and my boss know. the communication in question was written by my boss and approved by the three stakeholders. everyone came out with egg on their face but me.
who was then put in charge of creating the new communication.
as of this morning, the biggest sticking point we all agreed on yesterday, and the cause of the lets ambush-weltyed issue, is now back up for debate.

i need to start bringing in a flask.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
 

·
Back from the dead
Joined
·
20,626 Posts
You need to adopt a new persona as an angry, bitter, but lovable employee that no one really wants to bother with stupid stuff. Works for me.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
mohair_chair said:
You need to adopt a new persona as an angry, bitter, but lovable employee that no one really wants to bother with stupid stuff. Works for me.
Or just retire! :thumbsup:
 

·
Ethical Nihilist
Joined
·
1,068 Posts
MB1 said:
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Hamlet? hamlet.....ham...ham and eggs....mmmmm....lunch time.....bye.
 

·
your text here
Joined
·
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh, but i have. and it doesnt seem to work around here. probably because im a utility man. in the group i was in before i think 75% of the deliverables were done by me. the others just worked on things that never came to bear fruit, were "thinktank" projects with deliverables that took over a year to produce, or eventually shucked their stuff to me when "something else came along." i eventually ended up chugging out that "something else" project for them.

and with the recent layoffs, its 4Xs the work.

mohair_chair said:
You need to adopt a new persona as an angry, bitter, but lovable employee that no one really wants to bother with stupid stuff. Works for me.
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
people suck.
 

·
Steaming piles of opinion
Joined
·
10,503 Posts
weltyed said:
oh, but i have. and it doesnt seem to work around here. probably because im a utility man. in the group i was in before i think 75% of the deliverables were done by me. the others just worked on things that never came to bear fruit, were "thinktank" projects with deliverables that took over a year to produce, or eventually shucked their stuff to me when "something else came along." i eventually ended up chugging out that "something else" project for them.

and with the recent layoffs, its 4Xs the work.

There's yer problem. Competance will get you in trouble every time. Screw up now and then.
 

·
Low rep power
Joined
·
6,264 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
Why does the workplace often feel like High School only with a little more finesse?
Finesse? My workplace often makes high school look like one of Warren Buffet's better companies....
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
saf-t said:
Finesse? My workplace often makes high school look like one of Warren Buffet's better companies....
i go to work and it's like going back to 6th grade.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top