Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my right hip flexor is getting sore for some reason (assume that's the right part, just below the tip of front of pelvic bone and above the thigh). I've tried some stretches (Kneeling on 1 knee on and rocking forward) over the last couple days, no help. Right side is fine. I have a long ride early June so I don't really want to drop back on training load. I've had higher training loads in the past and not had this issue. No changes since December 15 in bike fit. Suggestions on remedies?

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
You can go see one of those guys who went to school to know about this stuff and get the right answer. Maybe even a prescription so your insurance can pay for a Physical Therapist.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
So my right hip flexor is getting sore for some reason (assume that's the right part, just below the tip of front of pelvic bone and above the thigh). I've tried some stretches (Kneeling on 1 knee on and rocking forward) over the last couple days, no help. Right side is fine. I have a long ride early June so I don't really want to drop back on training load. I've had higher training loads in the past and not had this issue. No changes since December 15 in bike fit. Suggestions on remedies?
Check this out:

·
Registered
374 Posts
First, figure out why this started, did your position on the bike change at all? Moved the seat, lowered the bars, etc? Have someone experienced watch you ride from back and side to see if you are pedaling funky or sitting on the saddle crocked.
I had a position change and experienced hip pain that went away once I was used to the new reach and build up strength in the hips. What also helped me was a foam roller after every ride, Plank position on the roller and that would make a big difference. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check this out:
This is the stretching exercise I have been doing but haven't been doing it exactly ride it seems, so I'll adjust, thanks!

First, figure out why this started, did your position on the bike change at all? Moved the seat, lowered the bars, etc? Have someone experienced watch you ride from back and side to see if you are pedaling funky or sitting on the saddle crocked.
I had a position change and experienced hip pain that went away once I was used to the new reach and build up strength in the hips. What also helped me was a foam roller after every ride, Plank position on the roller and that would make a big difference. Good luck.
I've been doing more trainer time this year than before, and have been deliberately smoothing out my pedal stroke which has helped with power output. I'll ask some of the guys I ride with to watch to see if I'm rocking or doing something odd in the saddle, and that Foam roller is a good idea - I'll get one of those. My last fit change was in December and nothing since. Saddle height went up about 1 cm then, but that's been months and several thousand miles ago - hard to imagine that's just showing up now but perhaps - I would have thought any adaptation to that change would be over by now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts