Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding regularly and hitting some hills and my legs are sore. I didn't realise how sore my quads felt till last night. I tried to massage them out last night and by putting pressure in various spots with my palm I felt really sore in certain places. Kind of like a how a black and blue area feels. I didn't know I was that sore till I put some pressure on them. Ouch:mad2: I even did an easy ride but they are still sore. Is it time for more easy rides or should I take some time off. I don't want to give my lungs a long break though...

evs (dog days of riding in humid weather are here:mad: )

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Urgghh, I hate going slow...

but it would be nice to just cruise around and explore more while streching the legs and getting some blood pumping in to them.HAHA, was the corgi won as a prime and a snatch and go type of prize. :) Good stuff. I'll try dropping it in to the small ring and keep it there for the short ride and spin around for awhile.

evs(wishing I could spin it out on the venice beach board walk:D )

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I find i get more physical pain in the legs after hard sessions when i'm not as diligent at getting recovery food into me. Streching and light massage also help. Active recovery as part of your normal schedule is critical. Good rest is as important as good workouts.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good point, my eating

habits have not been up to par lately and even though I drank alot I probably did not eat enough protein over the weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.