Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I’m setting myself up for a ripping but here goes anyway.

When I ride in the drops sometimes one of my friends move down between my leg and the seat a little bit and it kind of hurts.

Any one have any recommendations?

·
Lexicon Devil
964 Posts
Are the shorts snug to your junk? It sounds like you're allowing a bit of room between your nuts and the chamois. Also, you might need to change the way you arrange your bits, as there's definitely a right way and a wrong way. And of course, every guy is different, some more endowed than the next, so what works for one lad might not work for another.

Also, how is your saddle set up? Is it pointing up, even just a tiny bit?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My sadle is level, I have thought about droping the nose a little.

My bibs are snug, or I think the are, maybe I need to look at a smaler pair.

I pull them up pointing north and they are fine untill I get in the drops for a long pul then they find there way south for some reason.

As for the duct tape and glue idea, Not a chance, Ouch, ugh, *^^%$$^^&*!!!!!!!

·
gastarbeiter
1,524 Posts
marbles? friends?

why not just call them what they are? your balls, your testis, your 'nads. :D

a good fitting pair of bibs is what i'd be looking for.

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
tgiboney said:
I know I’m setting myself up for a ripping but here goes anyway.

When I ride in the drops sometimes one of my friends move down between my leg and the seat a little bit and it kind of hurts.

Any one have any recommendations?
do you have giant nuts or something? Just reach down and reposition man!

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
Insight Driver said:
I will admit that there are times when I want to just reach down there and reposition them, but I don't want to be seen doing it.:eek:
I'd rather be seen doing it than get to the point where my nuts actually hurt though.

·
ride-a-holic
288 Posts
If it is a question of pain vs..

caught repositioning, I will be caught with hands in bibs.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I was behind a car at a stoplight and had to reposition. The people in the car in front of me saw me doing this and started laughing. Funny thing is, I was the one riding on them, and they weren't, so even though they did see me , I don't know how it is any of their [email protected] business anyways... when you must, adjust!

Brings new meaning to the words, Dig Deep!

Regards,

J

·
Registered
22 Posts
Don't be seen doing it while riding in pain, or manage to rearrange the accoutrements discreetly while riding in comfort.

I'll adjust before the ride, and my shorts generally keep things in order. If I have to adjust mid-ride, I'll try it on the bike, or stop somewhere discreet to properly adjust.

Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
I have found more comfort with shorts a size larger rather than a size smaller. Personally.
I find that the slight extra room afforded me allows my bits/parts/junk/nuts/pointer/weiner get their own pocket and aren't interfiered with by other moving bodily parts (legs mainly) and allows my shorts/bibs enough material in this area to not rub/chafe my tender regions.
Currently, my saddle is pretty level, I point west, and only slightly raise my bollz so I don't sit directly on them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.