Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somehow Vintage parts..:idea:

I check on the road bike classified but I did not see much "Vintage" action, where else is a good place..?

Or do I just buy a "Add" and post the link here like i will do on MTBR.??

is that how it works..?

thanks

ricardo

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ebay, for sure (my second choice would be Craig's List). I've gotten some great retro, used, and new frames, bikes, and components from both sources and sold most items I wanted to part with on Ebay.

One suggestion regarding Craig's List: don't be afraid to go far afield to find what you're looking for. Although the website warns folks against dealing with prospective buyers out of their area, most of the ones I've contacted were happy to do biz if I paid by Postal Money Order and included payment for shipping costs. I'm in So Cal and found a great deal on a tubular wheelset with Campy Chorus 10-speed hubs WITH a 12-25 cassette and lockring AND the quick release skewers from a guy in Brooklyn for $110 plus shipping. The search engine on the Craig's List website is awesome, too. Only trouble is you can't do an entire country-wide search: you've got to go city-by-city.

And finally, I recently bought a perfectly good set of Record du Monde gold tubular rims for all of $25 plus shipping from a seller on the Road Bike Review Classified section.

Happy Hunting! Remember, hunting is half the fun!

·
Bikespace member
4,461 Posts
ebay and bike swaps for me. i look on craigslist, but haven't had much luck with what i'm looking for, though there are plenty of things on there worth buying. i guess i'm a little picky.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually my problem is the other way around, I have some good older stuff that i will like to sell.

I find craigslist great to purchase things, same as everybody else, but Is pretty much impossible to find a focus target buyer looking for parts that are a older than a few years.

I guess My stuff is not collectible or anything is just strong reliable and long lasting but at the same time i don't need it anymore.

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
Send me some Ricky Bars as a bribe, and I'll sell it all for you!! You can even have the $$ when I'm done! :D

Kidding there tough guy!

Seriously, ebay is prolly yer best bet, because there's international folks looking too. CL is way easier 'cause in theory everyone's local.

Don't Campyonly and Classic Rondezvous have classifieds?

M

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MShaw said:
Send me some Ricky Bars as a bribe, and I'll sell it all for you!! You can even have the $$ when I'm done! :D

Kidding there tough guy!
Oh MShaw

You know well enough, If I can not do a job "Just Right" I'm not going to do and this days I still have my Gyroscope all out of alignment.
Seriously, ebay is prolly yer best bet, because there's international folks looking too. CL is way easier 'cause in theory everyone's local.
Do You sell them as a package or individually...??

I'm somehow thinking of finding a frame and install the components i have (I still need to find some other parts) but that is so much work with not really a way to warranty it will be sold after all
Don't Campy only and Classic Rondezvous have classifieds?

M
Well this are old Dura Ace so i guess they don't count anyway.

Thanks Senor

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
Oh, BTW Ricky, yer missed 'over there.'

AFA parts vs a bike, yer gonna get more for just parts, but you hafta clean em up and describe em right or they're just old POS parts.

M

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MShaw said:
Oh, BTW Ricky, yer missed 'over there.'
Me Too.

Well I miss the good old days when people investigate, fix and create new concepts and play with new ideas.

But over the years that place has become like any another harley cruiser forum but with brand new knobby tires, big saddlebags and windscreens.

Well you will see some of my soon, because we are doing the PCQ again with R-Dubb in July
AFA parts vs a bike, yer gonna get more for just parts, but you hafta clean em up and describe em right or they're just old POS parts.

M
You know me well enogh, they are so clean and nice you can eat on them or why them..

I don't want to Infringe on any rules so I better not talk about them anymore.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Craigslist! Doesn't cost a dime, tend to get local buyers. Just sold 3 bikes in a week using Craigslist. Pictures are vital for the ad to be effective.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.