Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
naranjito
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to my never ending search for apparently non-existant San Marco Regal Ti saddle in white, I'm starting to think about getting a black one. At the moment, I have white tape and bars, and was thinking about changing out the brake hoods for some white ones too, but thinking about a black saddle has me thinking about black tape too.
I'm sat at home with too much time on my hands, and it's raining outside so I thought I'd ask everyone's opinion.
Here's a (bad quality) picture of my bike from three years ago, when I built it up. Right now it has a white saddle and bars. I want to keep saddle and tape colour the same, so which would you choose - black/black or white/white?

cheers, foz

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
White complements the logo lettering. Black blends in. White tape and saddle is the best unifier for your color scheme. I'd have some fun with some colored tires. Boring black is so....well yesterday.

Do realize these are nits on a beautiful bike.

brewster

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Definitely the saddle and tape need to be the same colour. White and white would be preferable, but if that's not possible, it will have to be black.

·
Registered
91 Posts
White Regal

foz said:
Due to my never ending search for apparently non-existant San Marco Regal Ti saddle in white, I'm starting to think about getting a black one. At the moment, I have white tape and bars, and was thinking about changing out the brake hoods for some white ones too, but thinking about a black saddle has me thinking about black tape too.
I'm sat at home with too much time on my hands, and it's raining outside so I thought I'd ask everyone's opinion.
Here's a (bad quality) picture of my bike from three years ago, when I built it up. Right now it has a white saddle and bars. I want to keep saddle and tape colour the same, so which would you choose - black/black or white/white?

cheers, foz
http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?page=8&description=Regal+Titanium+Saddle+White&vendorCode=SANMARCO&major=1&minor=18

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Stella Azzurra Eleganza bar tape in black / blue. If you go full white saddle, white tape then you must add white tires for full style points.

·
naranjito
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm in europe, so US sites for saddles are not the best option. And I'm looking for the ti version of the regal, more than anything for the silver rivets although the lower weight is a bonus. I've thought about blue tape, but discarded the option. Black or white only. And white tyres are for show bikes only - they only stay white for about 100 yards on the open road! I found a pic of the same bike and colour scheme, but with black saddle and bars. Ignore the wheels, which are way out of my price range!

thanks for the ideas, keep them coming,

foz

·
Registered
1,270 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
In the above photos, I think the black looks better. If you could find a blue that compliments the paint, that'd look nice too, IMO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.