Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Souke Sports - Where Cycling Gear Meets Fashion
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, if you want to find SOUKE reviews, check here. All the reviews are very honest ones. :D

Firstly from Veloharmony! He is a top fan now after he received first kit, now he always wear SOUKE kit. :D Here are just two of the videos

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We have been lucky to have Norcal cycling wearing our products in one of the cycling videos they make. Check how the SOUKE cycling apparel looks like in real performance here:

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Charles Ouimet is the one who give some negative comment on the saddles, and we have improved for the pro line on our products since then. He has given a better review on our products when he got the new items since then.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,941 Posts
No fancy, schmancy video from me, just old fashioned words. I have to say, I got my long bibs and jersey today and was very pleasantly surprised. The fit was pretty much perfect for my build (5 foot 5, 115 pounds), its nice to be able to get an extra small. VERY comfortable! I haven't had the chance to ride , hopefully tomorrow, the weather in the upper midwest is rapidly changing, there was ice on the fountain in my yard this morning (26 degrees). I like the weight of the chamois, not the thick, mattress like foam that some brands have. I am certain that I will need a base layer, but I have been going that route for weeks now. I will update after a few rides. As disclaimer, I do not ride year round any longer, gone down on the ice too many times and frankly, I don't like it!

Reactions: Souke-Cycling

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No fancy, schmancy video from me, just old fashioned words. I have to say, I got my long bibs and jersey today and was very pleasantly surprised. The fit was pretty much perfect for my build (5 foot 5, 115 pounds), its nice to be able to get an extra small. VERY comfortable! I haven't had the chance to ride , hopefully tomorrow, the weather in the upper midwest is rapidly changing, there was ice on the fountain in my yard this morning (26 degrees). I like the weight of the chamois, not the thick, mattress like foam that some brands have. I am certain that I will need a base layer, but I have been going that route for weeks now. I will update after a few rides. As disclaimer, I do not ride year round any longer, gone down on the ice too many times and frankly, I don't like it!
Hi Touch0Gray, really glad to see you here! And I am super happy you are happy with the products right now, cannot wait to see your further update on how these cycling apparel perform during your ride. :D

·
Frog Whisperer
40,941 Posts
I managed 100 miles in the past week with the new bibs, I am impressed by the comfort level. Fit is great on me and I never had the need to "re-adjust". The chamois is as good as any and better than most. The jersey will likely be tested on the rollers, the weatheris turning fast.

Reactions: Souke-Cycling

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I managed 100 miles in the past week with the new bibs, I am impressed by the comfort level. Fit is great on me and I never had the need to "re-adjust". The chamois is as good as any and better than most. The jersey will likely be tested on the rollers, the weatheris turning fast.
Wow, thank you Touch0Gray for the kind feedback~! I am super happy to receive your positive feedback, that makes me gain more confidence in our products. :D

·
Proud luddite
7,244 Posts
I was fortunate to have Souke Sports send me one of their Men's Club Cut cycling jerseys (short sleeve) and one of their 4D Padded Cycling Bib Shorts to review. First, a little about me....5'10" tall, 172 pounds, 55 year old man, serious recreational rider. I ride a little under 5000 miles a year and can ride year round here in Tucson, AZ. Like many middle aged men I've acquired a bit of a spare tire from my "love handles" across the belly. I don't race, and my cycling apparel is all about comfort and function. And here's a disclaimer: until I received the bibs from Souke I had never worn bibs before! I'm kind of an "old school" guy, so the standard shorts is what I've always used. The shorts I have used in the past range from PI's Attack shorts (stopped using those when the quality went downhill), Specialized Roubaix RBX Comp (they broke my heart when they stopped making those....they fit me so well), and more recently I've tried some from Garneau and Aero Tech. For me, a jersey is a jersey. If it fits and lasts, and doesn't look too dorky, I'm going to be happy with it.

The 4D Padded Bib Shorts:

I tried those out today, and right off the bat I was happy because they fit me perfectly. I always wear a size medium for shorts so I got Souke's medium, and the fit was right on target. The straps were tight but didn't feel confining and the legs stayed put. I hate shorts where the legs ride up and they end up looking like short-shorts 20 miles into the ride. The legs on the Souke shorts gripped my skin and held. The chamois is generously cut and honestly this is what I was most concerned about, as I have had chaffing issues with other shorts in areas where chaffing is not at all welcome. The fit was tight but not overly so, so the chamois and material stayed put and there was no rubbing, so I had no problems at all with chaffing. These bib shorts pretty much checked every box and I must say that I am really happy with them. To me, the test of a good pair of shorts is whether or not I would get another pair, and I would not hesitate to pay for another pair, or even multiple pairs, of these. And the price is pretty amazing....$43! I mean c'mon, my expectations for a set of $43 bib shorts were pretty low but they were just as comfortable if not more comfortable than the $100 shorts I usually wear. So I mentioned earlier that the Souke shorts were the first bibs I have ever worn and it is possible that I'm comparing apples to oranges, as my only other experience is with non-bib shorts....but whatever, the Souke bibs rocked. I am anxious to use them a lot, and then I'll know if these $43 shorts were built to last, or if they only last as long as one might expect $43 shorts to last. Regardless, even if I can get one year of good use out of them, these are amazing shorts for the price. A side note about these bibs, and admittedly this might just be the nature of all bibs, but they kept my spare tire in check and eliminated the "muffin top" look that I have achieved while wearing non-bib shorts. My wife said they looked good on me, and that's a plus, albeit purely psychological I'm sure.

The Men's Club Cut Jersey:

When I ordered the kit I took my measurements and sent them to Souke Sports, and they sent me a size medium (short sleeve) jersey. I thought that would be fine as I usually wear a medium, although sometimes a larger size depending on the manufacturer (like Castelli, for instance). I tried on the medium jersey and I could barely breath. Holy crud that was the smallest medium I have ever worn. The sleeves cut off the blood flow in my arms and I decided to take the jersey off before I went into cardiac arrest. Souke then sent me the extra large, and that fit me but in more of race fit rather than the club fit that I was expecting. But on today's ride, along with the aforementioned bib shorts, I wore this jersey. I really liked it....yes, it was tighter than I was expecting, especially for the XL size, but I adjusted and mid-way through my ride I realized that I was not uncomfortable and that I actually like the way the jersey fits. By chance, I ended up flatting so I had to replace the tube and pump it up to pressure (I'm old school, remember? Frame pumps only, not that modern and convenient CO2 mumbo jumbo.). I figured this would be a good test for the jersey...was the tight fit something that would cause problems when I had to actually use my arms for something during the ride, like pumping up a bike tire to 95 PSI? Well, I had no problems with freedom of movement or constriction. I was able to get the flat taken care of with no issues with the jersey, and was able to finish my ride in comfort. The pocket space was adequate and the length was just right, not too long and not too short for me. I like my bike stuff to last...a long time....so the jury is still out in that regard. The jersey material was fairly thin and the zipper seemed made of a cheaper plastic, so how long will this jersey last? I can't say, as only time will tell. But this is a $90 jersey and for that kind of money I would expect years of good use. My thoughts on this jersey: once I had the right size, it fit well and I liked it. Would I buy another one? Not sure....if it proves it can last more than a couple years then yes, I would pay for another Souke jersey.

Summary:

I was really happy with the bib shorts and mostly happy with the jersey. Souke seems to deal a good product and their prices, especially for those bibs, make their clothing a bargain. If I can remember I'll come back here in a year or two and add comments on the longevity of this apparel. Overall though, good job, Souke. I am now a believer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts