Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple weeks ago the IT people here at work had to install a new system board and HD in my computer.

I got it back and everything works fine, but I can't get any sound. When i get a notification like an email or error message or whatever, the computer makes that "beep" sound but that's it.

When I go to the volume control under the start menu it says that there are no active mixer devices available. It then tells me to go to the add hardware deal and add it, but when I do that it says that everything is installed and fine.

I would like to be able to listen to my Pandora. I'm going crazy having to find other ways to tell people to leave me alone without coming off like a jerk.

joe

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,945 Posts
Download drivers from the motherboard vendor....usually onboard audio is a RealTek chipset.

·
Master debator.
8,777 Posts
Have IT come and fix it.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Marc said:
Download drivers from the motherboard vendor....usually onboard audio is a RealTek chipset.
yup...probably this...if not could be a device conflict.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,915 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
yup...probably this...if not could be a device conflict.
wow.....device conflict.....been a LONG time since I ran into that....like windows 98....Not saying it couldn't happen, I mean it used happen regularly!

·
vexatious enigma
4,696 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
wow.....device conflict.....been a LONG time since I ran into that....like windows 98....Not saying it couldn't happen, I mean it used happen regularly!

It is possible. I never thought that I would ever get the Blue Screen of Death again but I had it happen a few weeks ago. I should have taken a picture of it because I don't think that anyone will ever believe me otherwise. It took me a couple seconds for it to sink in and then all I could do was laugh and say "Holy shitt, HOW?!?!"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts