Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good source for Campagnolo wheelsets. Most likely interested in the Zonda, Khamsin or Scirocco; rim brake versions with Campy free hubs.

Thought I saw a good deal at Pro Bike Kit but then realized they were overseas so a duty may be involved and some of their reviews were not that good anyway.

Doesn’t seem though that any resellers can come close on price.

·
Proud luddite
7,163 Posts
I ordered a set of Sciroccos from Northwest Bicycles in the Seattle area and was very happy with their service. They answered my questions promptly and got the wheels shipped quickly. They have a large selection of Campy wheels and decently priced.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered a set of Sciroccos from Northwest Bicycles in the Seattle area and was very happy with their service. They answered my questions promptly and got the wheels shipped quickly. They have a large selection of Campy wheels and decently priced.
Thanks. Their Zondas are $260 more than the European distributor, though. That seems significant. Does anyone know if a duty is required on a $390 wheelset purchase?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Merlin Cycles out of the UK. Great service and very fast shipping. Don’t get screwed paying American prices.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where have you found this $800 threshold? Seems there maybe other fees shipping companies are also charging to pass the items through customs?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, but the board is full of “I bought this frame or that crankset, and have never been charged a duty.”

I am wondering more what the thresholds are or de minimus is and where it is written. Still, even without import duties it seems that there are sometimes “fees” that the shipping companies impose?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts