Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
14,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Campagnolo is now making compact cranksets in all its gruppi from Record down to Veloce. I'm looking to make this change from my current conventional 39-52 setup (aging legs could use the lower gears, I rarely ride sustained climbs that would make a triple necessary, and lots of fixed-gear riding has given me enough spinning ability to sacrifice something at the high end). With my budget, I'd like to get Veloce, which is plenty good enough quality for my needs. I can find online sources that carry Record, Chorus and Centaur. Anybody know of a seller that's carrying the Veloce compacts? Thanks

· Registered
10,161 Posts

· Steaming piles of opinion
10,520 Posts
JCavilia said:
Campagnolo is now making compact cranksets in all its gruppi from Record down to Veloce. I'm looking to make this change from my current conventional 39-52 setup (aging legs could use the lower gears, I rarely ride sustained climbs that would make a triple necessary, and lots of fixed-gear riding has given me enough spinning ability to sacrifice something at the high end). With my budget, I'd like to get Veloce, which is plenty good enough quality for my needs. I can find online sources that carry Record, Chorus and Centaur. Anybody know of a seller that's carrying the Veloce compacts? Thanks
$77, delivered. Tough to beat.

http://www.probikekit.com/kitbuilder.php?ACTION=SHOWTEAM&TEAM=CAMPAGNOLO VELOCE 10 SPEED COMPACT

· Registered
14,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You make a good point

C-40 said:
Now might not be the best time for a crank purchase. Campy will soon have all new cranks with the integrated BB design.

I might just wait til next year, since I'm going to need a new BB soon as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.