Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a source for 650c tires that are bigger than a 20 or 23?

I'm aware that Terry marketed one a few years ago made by Panasonic (and that they had a recall along the way), but I'm hoping there are others out there. Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
-one more bump-aruni and if no responses, I accept defeat -

It would be helpful to get a response, even if it's to say "yep, they aren't available so you can stop looking". Thanks!

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
So that's what a bump is...

Bob P said:
-one more bump-aruni and if no responses, I accept defeat -

It would be helpful to get a response, even if it's to say "yep, they aren't available so you can stop looking". Thanks!
Do you really want everybody who doesn't know anything to answer?

TF

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,421 Posts
Never heard of any.
650 wheels usually means ..... small person
small person usually means........light weight
light weight usually means......... no need for anything larger than 650x23
I believe that that is how the manufactures see it.
I'm not saying that there isn't anything out there like what you want. It's just that I never heard of a 650x25.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! [seriously]

I bought a used 650c Paramount off a first-year racer over a decade ago, and it's been my primary road bike ever since. He put 12,000 miles on it :eek: in less than a year yet it was immaculate when I got it. All the little tires I've had since then have just pounded the snot out of me, have been easily cut, etc. Now, it may finally be time to convert it to a fixed, but I would hate to spend more on two Terry tires than I do on the entire rest of the project!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Bob P said:
Anyone know of a source for 650c tires that are bigger than a 20 or 23?

I'm aware that Terry marketed one a few years ago made by Panasonic (and that they had a recall along the way), but I'm hoping there are others out there. Thanks!
Depending on brake reach, you could try 650B wheels. Since this is the French rndo / touring size, the tires that are avialable for it tend to be wider. 650C is 571 mm bead seat diameter, 650B is 584, so you need to be able to set the pads (584-571)/2=6.5 mm higher for these wheels.

Harris Cylery has 650 x 28 Terry Tellus STs (actually about a 26) for 39.95. Wider than that, you'll need to try the 650B size.

--Shannon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts