Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a particularly good one out there? not finding 'em at a lot of places, nor particularly great prices... 65-70 seems to be the going rate for an Open Pro, silver 32

·
A wheelist
11,324 Posts
I can't say I've ever seen Mavic rims "on sale" ever. The prices you mention are about the average.

I just looked at a couple of places where I get stuff and Bikeman.com is $69 for silver/$74 for black. Bill Larson (great to deal with but just an e-mail list - [email protected]) is $65 for black (no mention of silver). He has, or can get anything.

I've bought Mavic at Speedgoat.com before.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thng is, not a lot of places even carry 'em... I called 5 local shops this week, and not one had a silver 32-hole open pro in stock! a silver 32-hole open pro!!! are you kidding me???

·
A wheelist
11,324 Posts
FatTireFred said:
thng is, not a lot of places even carry 'em... I called 5 local shops this week, and not one had a silver 32-hole open pro in stock! a silver 32-hole open pro!!! are you kidding me???
I found you a place that lists them - Bikeman. How many more do you need? Bill Larson will get you what you need even if he doesn't have it. He hasn't let me down yet.

You're surprised LBS don't stock silver ones? I'm not. I'll bet they sell far more blacks than silvers. So why stock something that doesn't move well?

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike T. said:
I found you a place that lists them - Bikeman. How many more do you need? Bill Larson will get you what you need even if he doesn't have it. He hasn't let me down yet.

You're surprised LBS don't stock silver ones? I'm not. I'll bet they sell far more blacks than silvers. So why stock something that doesn't move well?

bikeman, universal, licktons have 'em, thanks

·
Registered
832 Posts
Speedgoat has very nice sales on occasion. I picked up a pair of Mavic A719's for $50 apiece.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts