Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Every little counts...
3,924 Posts
Usually come with new wheels. I have two and can ship them to you empty.

Or, go to your LBS as 2006 stock is already coming in, they should have some left.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Spun

Thanks for the offer but I will source them here. I was looking for the "magical "solution of someone knowing some offbeat product unrelated to cycling that I could use. I'll get a bike box and cut it down.

·
i like whiskey
8,405 Posts
Picshooter said:
Thanks for the offer but I will source them here. I was looking for the "magical "solution of someone knowing some offbeat product unrelated to cycling that I could use. I'll get a bike box and cut it down.
You don't have to use a bike box. There are boxes just for wheels. You LBS should have some sitting around.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
go to someplace the sells automobile wheel rims. here the easiest place is the one that rents fancy rims. i ask for the boxes to either 20" rims or larger. another source go to the LBS dumpster and pull a bike box for butchering. never pay for them.

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
cmg said:
go to someplace the sells automobile wheel rims. here the easiest place is the one that rents fancy rims. i ask for the boxes to either 20" rims or larger. another source go to the LBS dumpster and pull a bike box for butchering. never pay for them.
If you are paying for shipping, get a real wheel box made for a single wheel. It will be somewhat diamond shaped looking at it from one direction. This will get you under the UPS, etc. size limit. It will ship for about $10 instead of $30 (Chicago to CA). - TF

1 - 7 of 7 Posts