Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am building a wheelset for my girlfriend's new (to her) cross bike, and would like to make it super exiting by making it with an exciting colored rim. She saw a bike with pink deep v's, and got super stoked. her bike is red, so pink could be cool (or it could be sickening). I also saw someone with white deep v's, which would look good too IMHO. Also, I have a limey bike and saw yet another pair of deep v's in lime green which I thought would make my ride very scary-cool. Anyone have good online sources for the unusual colored deep v's? these will be standard 32 hole 700c rims btw. much thanks!:D

·
Registered
168 Posts
ILikeShiny said:
Hi all,

I am building a wheelset for my girlfriend's new (to her) cross bike, and would like to make it super exiting by making it with an exciting colored rim. She saw a bike with pink deep v's, and got super stoked. her bike is red, so pink could be cool (or it could be sickening). I also saw someone with white deep v's, which would look good too IMHO. Also, I have a limey bike and saw yet another pair of deep v's in lime green which I thought would make my ride very scary-cool. Anyone have good online sources for the unusual colored deep v's? these will be standard 32 hole 700c rims btw. much thanks!:D
I just ordered an Aerohead OC in electric blue directly from Velocity...they didn't have that color in the QBP catalog. Of course, as a dealer I can do that stuff. Your best bet would be to call Velocity directly and check on color availability, and if they have what you want but only sell to dealers, then have your LBS get one for you.

You know Velocity rim colors are powdercoats? Another option is simply buy the rim shape you want and have it custom powdercoated on your own. Powdercoating a rim usually runs in the neighborhood of $35. The coater you use will need to use special care not to coat over the braking surface, but it's something worth exploring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts