Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the UK right now and having some great rides on the South Downs Way. There's some seriously steep hills along the way,and fantastic views across the Sussex countryside. I'm using a cross bike with 40mm tires. Everyone else I see is on mountain bikes. Mine's OK on must sections but there are some pretty rough bits where a little suspension would have been nice. These pictures were all around Storrington in West Sussex. Well worth a visit if you are in the UK.

View attachment 282188 View attachment 282182 View attachment 282183 View attachment 282184 View attachment 282186 View attachment 282187

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,299 Posts
I ambled through that part of the world, in a rental car, way back in 1984. It gets even prettier as you travel westward. Devon and Cornwall are absolutely lovely. And the pagan, ancient sites come even more thick and fast. Enjoy!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,981 Posts
Looks beautiful & I can see why the mt bikes would be popular. You should post this in commuting & touring where this would be even more appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.