Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mess O'Potamist
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once a month the city sees fit to close the road up South mountain to motorized vehicles.
I saw fit to taking the kids out and letting mom have the house to herself for the morning.
We made it a little over 4 miles up the road before I saw fit to turn the train around.

·
Atom B
202 Posts
Looks like you and the kids had fun today. It was a beautiful day today for sure. I have yet to ride up SoMo on Silent Sunday - hopefully next month's won't be too hot yet.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
YuriB said:
... the road up South mountain to motorized vehicles.....
Funny, your South Mountain doesn't look anything like mine..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
426 Posts
That's bring back memories

In the late 80s I use to park my truck at the bottom of South Mountain and ride up it. It would kill going up and come close to dying going down. I remember one time I nearly ass ended a Jaguar coming down as fast as I could, scared the driver as much as I did myself. Never did it on a road bike always a mountain bike.
Now I remember I had to drive thru some nasty areas to get there.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Car-free roads are golden, aren't they? Especially for taking the young ones. I wish more places would do this kind of thing regularly - once per month is perfect.

Scott

·
Mess O'Potamist
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MB1 said:
Funny, your South Mountain doesn't look anything like mine..... :rolleyes:
I'll loan you my stoker and ballast if want to turn your South Mtn into resistance training.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
That would be fun. You said you made it 4 miles. How far is all the way up?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Looks like fun. When are you going to take your stoker bike camping?

MB1- I think somebody has been out watering your S.M. That`ll keep it from looking like Phoenix every time!

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
Great Smoky Mountains National Park closes the Cades Cove loop road to motor vehicle traffic one morning a week. It is an absolutely beautiful road, but normally the traffic is too heavy to cycle pleasurably. I've ridden it both ways, and it's a lot more fun with no cars or trucks to contend with.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.