Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is shaping up to be the Ali-Frazier of the new millenium.

The season opener of South Park was maginificent, but the fruity little club fought back and forced Comedy Central to pull its re-airing in many markets. The scientology episode from last year that started the fracas was scheduled to air this week, but was also pulled.

http://www.variety.com/VR1117939918.html

·
Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
I stayed up to see the encore presentation last night. Priceless. I don't watch South Park often, but boy the fruity little club is messing with the wrong guys! It was so funny how they pieced together bits of old sound to have Chef say what they wanted. Oh, and I like the way they killed him off. Pretty funny stuff.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
well I'm a HUGE South Park fan

and I thought it sucked. It was a lame episode, story sucked, the pedophile gig is old by now. Total Jump the Shark in my opinion. Regardless of what they disagree on, Chef deserved a better exit than that. The story just didn't have any flow, it was as jumbly as Chef's language. The Scientology episode was a moment of genius, nearly as good as the Mormon episode. This was one of the first epsiodes that I just didn't find funny.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
I liked the Scientology episode. I thought it was pretty ballsy that the SP guys basically dared the Church of Scientology to sue them right in the episode.

That was great when Chef "crapped his pants" in the last episode. I love South Park.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
I liked the Scientology episode. I thought it was pretty ballsy that the SP guys basically dared the Church of Scientology to sue them right in the episode.

That was great when Chef "crapped his pants" in the last episode. I love South Park.
I'm never up late enough to watch it live anymore. Since I don't have TIVO I just buy em on DVD...just picked up season 7...

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
I'm never up late enough to watch it live anymore. Since I don't have TIVO I just buy em on DVD...just picked up season 7...
Man, just download 'em. That's free.

And you don't have to feel bad about it--the SP dudes are fine with people DLing and watching the episodes. At least that's what I thought...

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
Man, just download 'em. That's free.

And you don't have to feel bad about it--the SP dudes are fine with people DLing and watching the episodes. At least that's what I thought...
Well I think I paid like $20 for the last set--that's cheap enough to just buy em and not hassle with the burning and all.

·
Cat 6
4,695 Posts
52-16SS said:
Did anyone happen to see the episode airing on MLK day? I'm surprised that one didn't get a reaction!
Which one was it?

Last week's was a perfect comeback to the Isaac Hayes departure and Scientology reaction. It wasn't a very funny episode but well done in light of all the fuss I thought.

·
cruisin
174 Posts
pretty good episode

A little jumpy, but overall I enjoyed it. I think ol Hubbard is probably laughing his arse off over on the other side, all the commotion that has been raised based on something he came up with.

My favorite "rumored" quote by Hubbard

"The way to make a million dollars is to start a religion." :D

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Hubbard stole that thought from

Joseph Smith. Funny that the 2 completely American religions were just little money makers. Very American.

·
cruisin
174 Posts
hmm, no kidding

I thought I read that he (Hubbard) borrowed it from something Orwell said back in the late 30's. It doesn't surprise me that something similar may have been uttered by Smith. It seems that new ideas for fleecing people are getting rare these days....:rolleyes:

·
EuroCrash
478 Posts
chuckice said:
Which one was it?

Last week's was a perfect comeback to the Isaac Hayes departure and Scientology reaction. It wasn't a very funny episode but well done in light of all the fuss I thought.
Rich black people move to SP and are descriminated against because they're rich, they eventually move away again when Mr. Garrison states something about that they atleast got rid of all the N......

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
jeff27 said:
I thought I read that he (Hubbard) borrowed it from something Orwell said back in the late 30's. It doesn't surprise me that something similar may have been uttered by Smith. It seems that new ideas for fleecing people are getting rare these days....:rolleyes:
Religion is a good one. It doesn't have to even make a lick of sense...in fact sometimes the more outlandish it is, the more successful.

Hey look! I was out digging for hidden treasure using my psychic powers and these angels gave me these tablets and told me to start a church...who's with me?

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
Specific parts of the show were farging hilarious. Overall, not so much. You could tell that they threw it together.

VERY telling at the end tho when they left the door open for IH to come back... 'Don't be mad at Chef, be mad at that fruity little club for scrambling his brains...'

M

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
wait, wait

the wife of my transciber burned the first copy so the angel had to bring back the tablets that I re-read with my seer stone that I used during my 'occultist will find treasure for ya'
(never once was successful) stage. So the Native Americans are the remnants of a lost tribe of Israel (though there is no genetic or archaelogicalevdience of such) and I've based an entire belief system on an image of Jesus that was created by Flemish painters. but wait there's more. because I can't keep the Johnson in line and my lust must be okay (cause God made it that way) I'll just add an article to the D&C that says I can have lotsa wives (over my first wife's objections) and I'll have God say "Emma ya best fall in line here" cause God is telling my wife to shut up or skee daddle.

failed gold seer becomes prophet. see, rel;igious folks don't need 'proof' that's the beauty of thuis scam.

dum de dum dum dum

·
Cat 6
4,695 Posts
52-16SS said:
Rich black people move to SP and are descriminated against because they're rich, they eventually move away again when Mr. Garrison states something about that they atleast got rid of all the N......
lol...classic...

"Hand over your Jew gold Kyle..."

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
atpjunkie said:
failed gold seer becomes prophet. see, rel;igious folks don't need 'proof' that's the beauty of thuis scam.

dum de dum dum dum
Just watched that SP episode last night...too funny. Dum, Dum, Dum, Dum, Dum... :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts