Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
a few more ride details

Hi everyone

Wanted to share a few more details on the ride based on some feedback we've collected so far, I hope you are getting as stoked as I am...

Ride distance: Several folks gave Alex comments on ride distance at last Sunday's ride so this is what we'll do - we'll take the advice rensho offered below and have a shorter ride option that skips the loop around Uvas/Sycamore and goes over Oak Glen/Willow Springs back to Santa Teresa. This shorter ride would be about 45 miles. We'll still have the long (61 mile) option as well.

Regroup points: As mentioned in original post we'll have a late regroup point at Calero reservoir on the way back into town. In light of the above note on short ride option, we'll also have a regroup point on the way out at the Uvas/Oak Glen junction where you can decide whether to go long or short. Either Alex or myself will return with the short group to re-open the studio for hanging out after the ride and waiting for the long group if you so desire.

Late joiners: For anyone looking to pick up the ride after we've rolled out, the best 2 spots are probably at Calero reservoir (there is a park entrance fee to park your car there) on McKean just north of Bailey. Since this is also the regroup point on the way back it might be your best bet. Another option is to park near the Almaden/Harry/McKean intersection.

Weather: It is expected to be warm this weekend so plan your water supply accordingly. I'm hearing possible highs in the 80's. SWEET.

We'll have the rollup door on the studio open at 8:30 so you can hang out & get all amped on coffee or give the PowerCranks a test! Don't forget the first 10 in the door get free Hammer Nutrition gift packs. For everyone else we'll have plenty of electrolytes & gels/powders on hand for purchase at a killer price if you need to stock up when you get there.

Cheers,

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Karl/anyone else -

Will there be a convenient water stop/refill location past the half-way point on the long route? Especially with the weather, I'd like to know if I'm going to need to carry a third bottle in my jersey.

John

·
Registered
239 Posts
water refill

The only good refill spots are as we get back into town, there is a shopping center at Almaden/Camden intersection. Most of the loop out near the reservoirs, I dont know where you could refill.

I'll have 2 large bottles on the bike and 2 regular bottles in the jersey, fwiw. And plenty of Endurolytes in all of them. Now I'm hearing high 80s!

·
Registered
242 Posts
kretzel said:
Now I'm hearing high 80s!
Does that mean I don't have to put on all my winter gear? No more booties? No more ear warmers? No more fleece lined tights? No more long sleeve fleece lined jerseys? No more wind vests that start out fine but after 5 minutes of riding turn into a sweat lodge in the Arizona desert?

THANK YOU GOD!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey everyone...Alex from SVCC here - we will have snacks at the end of the ride at the SVCC studio and even ice cream and slushies courtesy of our next door neighbors, Partytime Machines. see you tomorrow!!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.