Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Southbay RoadBikeReview Ride Sponsored by SVCC June 29th!

4K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  velogirl 
#1 ·
Southbay RoadBikeReview sponsored by SVCC June 29th!

Join us for a fun no-drop ride as we head south around the reservoirs and then tackle the Bailey climb that was featured in a Tour of California time trial a few years back.

Mark your calanders, it's going down Sunday June 29th.
Ride Start is going to be at SVCC - 1190 Dell Ave. Ste. A Campbell, CA 95008

Here's a quick rundown of the short route (~45 miles)...

Starting on Winchester heading south
Left on Lark
Right on Los Gatos
Left on Los Gatos Almaden
Right on Harwood
Left on Almond Blossom
Right on Camden
Right on Almaden (Almaden becomes McKean)
Right on Uvas
Left on Watsonville
Left on Sycamore
Left on Oak Glen
Right on Willow Springs
Left on Santa Teresa
Left on Bailey
Right on McKean
Then backtrack Almaden/Camden/etc.

Karl will chime in with a killer longer route for those that would like to go longer. much longer. :D

See less See more
#2 ·
June ride(s)

Yeehaw! We're lining up to bring back ice cream & slushies next month, so mark your calendars.

After thinking more about logistics I also figured that having the ultra-long route on the same day as the normal ride would be tough, so we are going to go long the following week, on the 22nd. I am still finalizing route but I'm guesstimating 90 - 115 miles with some dirt road climbs in the mix going over Mt Madonna. More details to follow.

#5 ·
I believe Karl mentioned another 8am start, to beat the heat...

Also, SVCC is currently housing a complete lineup of our test trainers. So for anyone that's ever been curious about a trainer and wants to give a bunch of trainers a spin, come on down.

We'll have a model from 1upUSA, Elite, Minoura, Cycleops, and Blackburn all for demo...

#11 ·
Re-sked

Hi everyone

Just wanted to drop in and apologize for the reschedule, we had a perfect storm on the events calendar and injury list here at SVCC and we did not want to do a half-a$$ed ride so we are punting til the 29th.

The good news is that we are bringing in a new crop of tech goodies and hopefully will have more of those on hand by the 29th for you to check out.

If anyone wants to come in before then and check out the RBR/SVCC trainer collection just call me (please do not PM, all my contact info is at our website) and we can make that happen.

Cheers

#12 ·
Hope to see many of you Sunday

Hey everyone

Hope to see many of you next Sunday morning at 8 for the South Bay ride. Usual routes, 49 & 64 mile options. We'll offer up a free bag of 53x11 coffee for the Bailey KOM winners from each group!

We'll have the studio open before the ride for last minute bathroom break/nutrition products/water top off and plenty of time to chill & socialize after with frozen yogurt & slushies.

Cheers,

#26 ·
CrankyMonkey said:
I ended up going. It was a small group, 6 of us but we had a good time. Man nothing like post ride frozen yogurt and slushies.

Thanks Karl and Alex! You guys are awesome hosts!:thumbsup:
Thanks Karl and Alex for hosting! Sorry I missed out on the festivities, had to head outta town. Where's the group photo? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.