Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been many post here lately with some beautiful snow pictures. I thought I’d post these to show a typical southern winter ride. Winter in the mid-south is just something to put up with until spring arrives. The good side is we’ve been riding all winter and it won’t be long until were back in shorts.

I’m not a racer, never have been, don’t want to be. I do have friends and riding partners that are members of the mostly cat 5 team Cirque du Velos. They recently held a training camp at Sardis Lake in north Mississippi, about 60 miles south of Memphis. I was asked to come down and drive sag for their 75-mile ride on Saturday. The ride was planed for the afternoon. My plans were to get there for lunch, sag the ride, go to diner with the team and drive home. I got a call late Friday night telling me that, because of the forecast, they had changed the ride to morning. So I got up at 4:00 am and headed for Sardis.

The day dawned with a beautiful sunrise and the sun lasted for about the first hour of the ride. But soon clouds began to move in. The rain held off until the last ten miles or so of the ride. It turned into just another gloomy winter day in the south. The first flowering trees of spring are beginning to bloom. Then I’ll have some pretty pictures.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Looks nice, but not much warmer than the PNW? Always fun to get out and ride with some friends...........MTT :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Those look like great roads.

The riders seem to be dressed for sub-freezing temps.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Temps were in the low 40's. Some green is beginning to pop out. Spring is not far away

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
I love that second sunset shot and those great rollers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts