Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
had it in the ear before
14,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now with new bike! chizzeck out my new Long Haul Trucker commutin' rig....abundant sunshine for a Memorial Day weekend clubride from Cocoa Village up and down the River Road along the Indian River Lagoon.

Which gets the better gas mileage???

bruised_bum and gutfiddle

Happy Memorial Day!

Sailboats and palm trees

Live Oak Canopy

Monkie Sox

Pelican dives in for a mouthful of mullet

Go Freewheelers! (from this pixxor on all will have a fingerprint, sorry:(

Flat tyre:(

·
had it in the ear before
14,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FORE!

Dave Hickey, whats your bar tape shillackin secret??!?

Crepe Myrtle and Oleander

Great Blue HEron stalks his brunch

heapin pile o' bikes

Florida Jorts pixxor for Innergel

Iced tea and sunshine

well u git out ur fiddle and u git out ur bow take off ur shoes and u thro'em on da flo

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,062 Posts
Ha! Guess that confirms my suspicion of the Brooks bar tape. I have the black tape on my commuter and it's not perforated. WTF?

·
had it in the ear before
14,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DrRoe, i have spare cork ends i could give you but you'll have to punch ur own holes (Not C()De)

·
had it in the ear before
14,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dave Hickey said:
Your LHT rocks...great looking build....

DR R, your Brooks tape is probably the first generation...The newer version are perforated and come with corks as bar ends
your too kind....do you recommend putting brooks saddle dressing on the tape or what did you use to "seal" yours?

·
had it in the ear before
14,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
innergel said:
What stem is that? I've been looking for a silver stem for a 26mm bar (Nitto Noodle, natch).

Thanks for the jorts!
I believe it is one of these Kalloy stems, since it has no markings on it I cant confirm for sure, some of the components the bike came w/ werent exactly what Jenson spec'd, such as Conti "Contact" tires instead of SLickasaurus. I'm not complaining but I did learn that when they say 85psi is the limit on 37mm tires they mean it, exploding tubes sound like a shotgun blast:blush2:

http://www.kalloyuno.com/productuno.htm

·
i like whiskey
8,493 Posts
gutfiddle said:
I believe it is one of these Kalloy stems, since it has no markings on it I cant confirm for sure, some of the components the bike came w/ werent exactly what Jenson spec'd, such as Conti "Contact" tires instead of SLickasaurus. I'm not complaining but I did learn that when they say 85psi is the limit on 37mm tires they mean it, exploding tubes sound like a shotgun blast:blush2:

http://www.kalloyuno.com/productuno.htm
I've got a couple of Kalloy posts and maybe a stem or two on a few of my bikes. Aside from them not having any bling factor at all, I have had no issues with them. And they are inexpensive and look good. Nice and clean and simple. So I give Kalloy a :thumbsup:

·
Kilt wearing, old man
1,679 Posts
Question for gutfiddle: Did you install your leather handlebar tape over anything, other than the bar material? I ask, because in the one photo, it looks well padded.

·
GeoCyclist
655 Posts
Route Map?

Any chance you could post a route map for this ride? I’ll be in Titusville the first two weeks of July. I’ve done a little riding around the Titusville area, but nothing that looks like the photos you posted. Would appreciate any ride info about the area.

Thanks for the ride report!
Geocyclist

·
had it in the ear before
14,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
GeoCyclist said:
Any chance you could post a route map for this ride? I’ll be in Titusville the first two weeks of July. I’ve done a little riding around the Titusville area, but nothing that looks like the photos you posted. Would appreciate any ride info about the area.

Thanks for the ride report!
Geocyclist
here's a link to all our ride cue sheets:
http://www.spacecoastfreewheelers.com/rides.htm

that was our "River Road - C Ride" that we do every saturday morning from Cocoa Village, click on the name of the ride for a cue sheet. Your more than welcome to come join us on any of the rides listed!

~Jamie

·
had it in the ear before
14,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
PomPilot said:
Question for gutfiddle: Did you install your leather handlebar tape over anything, other than the bar material? I ask, because in the one photo, it looks well padded.
yeah, the left side is over a brake cable, couldnt decide whether or not to wrap it over the shifter cables too and now i kinda wish i had.

·
had it in the ear before
14,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dave Hickey said:
It's called Fiebing's Leather Sheen... acrylic finisher.. It comes in a 4oz white bottle..I apply it with a swab...
thanks! I'll try to find some, I dont frequent craft stores too often but the gf loves them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.