Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it when surfers wear wet-suits it looks cool, but when roadies put on bike shorts we look stupid? I don't get it; they make sense when one is flying down a hill at 50mph, but I just had some nimrods in a truck whistle at me on my way home from work.............MTT :cryin:

· Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
Speak for yourself..
Did you take them up on their offer????

· Registered
21 Posts
MTT said:
Why is it when surfers wear wet-suits it looks cool, but when roadies put on bike shorts we look stupid? I don't get it; they make sense when one is flying down a hill at 50mph, but I just had some nimrods in a truck whistle at me on my way home from work.............MTT :cryin:
Are you hot?

· Registered
518 Posts
MTT said:
I just had some nimrods in a truck whistle at me on my way home from work.............MTT :cryin:
Maybe they thought you were hot.

· Registered
14,776 Posts
large portion?

Andrea138 said:
I think a large portion of men are hot in spandex
What about the ones whose portions are smaller?

· Oh hai there
1,118 Posts
Jealosy is a hard thing to deal with on the recieving end.

I think in head-to-toe NASCAR/NFL/MLB/etc... stuff look stupid, but they think they are awesome. To each their own.

If it bothers you that much wear a denim jacket and jeans.

· Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
Reliable sources tell me that I look good in spandex.

· Registered
2,651 Posts
Yeah, you're right. I would rather be driving an old truck down the road making fun of anything that is different than me. I personally think that dress shirts with the arms torn off looks better while riding my bike. C'mon man, ride and don't listen to them good ol boys in the truck.

You're really going to listen to these 2 tell you how to dress?

· Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have heard it from several places; that bike clothes look odd. In the end I don't think I care. Think of it this way- tight cycling gear is incentive to stay in shape. Also I want to add that I am not homophobic, but I do worry about some of these country roads I cycle on alone. If they assume I am gay because I look different; it would suck to get jumped by five guys not able to deal with their own orientation confusion. I had a truck full of teenagers try to run me over last year, which was scary.

Anyway I thought this thread would be funny; I really was not trying to be too serious.............MTT :ciappa:

· I Type, Therefore I Am
1,842 Posts
Wear your wetsuit while you ride. Problem solved. Not only will you look hot, you'll be hot

Bike clothes (as well as wetsuits) are function first. Any "style" is in the eye of the beholder. Half the clothes that pass as high fashion look ridiculous to me.

· Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mr Wood said:
Wear your wetsuit while you ride. Problem solved. Not only will you look hot, you'll be hot

Bike clothes (as well as wetsuits) are function first. Any "style" is in the eye of the beholder. Half the clothes that pass as high fashion look ridiculous to me.
And there is it- well written.................MTT

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.