Votes: 87 44.4%
  • I run Tubulars

Votes: 6 3.1%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
DRLski said:
How many of you guys carry two spare tubes for your bike on a ride?
one tube and some glueless patches just in case.

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
abiciriderback said:
Always carry at least 2 tubes. On rides over 4 hours or roads I know are prone to causing flats carry 3 tubes. Better safe than sorry in my thinking.

Ray Still
On really long rides I carry 2.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
Depends on the ride. I carry 2 tubes on the commuter, and 3 if I'm traveling. On my race bike that I use for club rides I have 1 tube & a patch kit.

·
Knives, Guns, and Booze
2,942 Posts
I carry four, because here in the San Jose bay area, little thuggian kids decide they’d rather break bottles in the roads (which end up in the bikelanes, thanks to the braindead streetsweepers) instead of recycling them. Their parents are losers, so it seems, and were set up for failure a long time ago. They are the reason condoms exist.

Whoa, another rant!

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
Two.
One in the right jersey pocket, along with a spare CO2 cart, and a CO2 inflator with a cart in it, and another tube in the left pocket, along with three tire levers and another spare CO2 cart. The tire levers have a car key and a spoke wrench rubber banded to it.
That all folks.
(one of the tubes is new......one has been patched).....no bag.

·
Failboat Captian
6,559 Posts
Like most of the others, I normally carry one tube and a patch kit. If I get a flat, I first throw on the new tube. If I get another flat, I start with the patches. On centuries, I carry 2 tubes if the ground is wet. I also carry 3 CO2 canisters, no manual pump.

·
aka Zoo
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Only reason why I asked to begin with is because up until a couple of days ago I've never gotten more than one flat on a ride, the other day when it was raining I hit a pot hole that was filled with water and didn't see and flatted both tires and was **** out of luck since I only had one tube.

·
Matnlely Dregaend
5,051 Posts
I don't carry any... for some reason most riders that stop to help me always carry 2 and have no problem giving me one! :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.