Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Weed
1,041 Posts
reklar said:
Is it possible to use SPD style pedals with road shoes? Is there an adaptor so that the cleat will fit? Is anyone doing this? I'd like to use my eggbeaters for the road bike...
Depends upon the shoe. Sidi shoes have different plastic plates for different style cleats. Some shoes, like a pair of Lakes i have, have bolt patterns on the bottom which allow for mounting both Look style and 2 bolt SPD style cleats.

· Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,419 Posts
reklar said:
I'm thinking of Sidis...my GF bought a pair of their road shoes but wants to use eggbeaters.
Is there an adapter?
It's a straight bolt-on for Sidi Genius 5. You don't need an adaptor or anything. You do need to pry out that little red rubber dealy that keeps the 2-hole plate from slopping around if you're not using it, though. If you get a pair, you'll see what I mean.

· mad scientist
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bikeboy389 said:
It's a straight bolt-on for Sidi Genius 5. You don't need an adaptor or anything. You do need to pry out that little red rubber dealy that keeps the 2-hole plate from slopping around if you're not using it, though. If you get a pair, you'll see what I mean.
These are an '04 version she got on sale. The shoes aren't in front of me but I don't think there was anything to pry out. Just three holes for normal road cleats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.