Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if you guys configure your SPD tension biased towards tighter or keep it loose?
Currently I set mine up for loose in order to unclip easier. What's the gain to increase tension? Better efficiency in laying down power?

· Registered
14,776 Posts
|3iker said:
Just wondering if you guys configure your SPD tension biased towards tighter or keep it loose?
Currently I set mine up for loose in order to unclip easier. What's the gain to increase tension? Better efficiency in laying down power?
Nope. No difference in efficiency. The advantage of tighter is less chance of pulling out inadvertantly, which can be an unpleasant event if you're sprinting out of the saddle.

The usual rule is to have them as tight as you can and still be able to get out reliably when you want to. That reduces the pull-out risk. If you ride gently, and particularly if you rarely pedal hard and fast while standing, you can be safe with lower tension.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.