Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This bike is very special to me because I put it together when I worked at a bike shop in 1989. I saved and saved for this bike. Recently, I restored the bike and updated it with new wheels tires! It rides like a dream and brings back many great memories.

Anyhow, I wanted to get a new set of chainrings and was thinking about Specialites TA. I wanted to get 53/39T. What do you suggest? Where can I buy these in the USA?

· Registered
2,655 Posts
Another option

I've used both TA and Stronglight chainrings. Nice to see Peter White carrying the TA line but living offshore, I've generally sourced the rings by both manufacturers through UK shops. BTW, since you're looking at a very common combination, why TA and not OEM? Pricing and availability on the OEM is likely better than for TA.

· Naso Unicornis
907 Posts
Hi Classic Bikes:

I currently use a set of Specialites TA Hegoa chainrings on my crankset. They are silver color, which I could not locate in the United States. I had to import them from France through XXCycle. The situation may have changed but last I checked, Peter White only carried black and red. Fairwheel Bikes also carries them.

Honestly, I think the chainrings on my DA 7700 cranks shift smoother and are quieter. The MKV chainrings that came with my Hollowgram crankset definitely shift faster. However, the Hegoas have just an amazing appearance. The polished surface and the machined areas are just beautiful.

It's not to say that they don't shift very well, they do. However, in terms of efficiency there are better ones at there.

CHL

· Registered
541 Posts
I have them on all my road bikes

These are great rings. I also like that you can get a very wide range of sizes as well. I dropped down to smaller outer rings and it has made all the difference in the world for me. While you are asking for a US dealer your can get them way cheaper by ordering from Ribble, Wiggle or XXCycle overseas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.