Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everyone. My first post and I am a newbie here and been riding for 3 months on a borrowed trek.
I want to buy this bike below - used and I was thinking I wanted to get a trek but this has come my way. My friend is selling this and it has about 500-600 miles on it. Can you please recommend a good price for this. She paid $2000 for the bike. She wants to buy a road bike and she would like to sell it. I rode this bike at the bike shop and I like it so far.
here are th details she provided. any suggestions would be helpful. She is asking 1500 for it. What shd or would be the ideal price for this?

Specialized 2014 AMIRA SPORT 105 C2 WHTM 51 ]
SPE SZ SPORT WIRELESS WHT 1
BIK ALLOY CAGE BLK 1
POWERFLATE
PORTAFLATE

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
Used bike prices vary by region and condition, so (sight unseen) it's difficult to answer your question.

My best advice is to bring the bike to a reputable shop for both fit and mechanical assessment. IF it fits and is mechanically sound, ask for a ballpark price. You may have to pay the shop a nominal fee for these services, but you'll have some peace of mind that the bike is mechanically sound, fits and you paid your friend a fair price.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,404 Posts
Used bike prices vary by region and condition, so (sight unseen) it's difficult to answer your question.

My best advice is to bring the bike to a reputable shop for both fit and mechanical assessment. IF it fits and is mechanically sound, ask for a ballpark price. You may have to pay the shop a nominal fee for these services, but you'll have some peace of mind that the bike is mechanically sound, fits and you paid your friend a fair price.
^This^ Primarily, you want to make sure there is no hidden damage and that the bike fits you well. $100-200 is a reasonable charge for a bike shop fitting where they put you and the bike on their trainer, watch you pedal and make adjustments to dial in your fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts