Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys i need your advise between this two bikes. I begin to road about 6 month ago with an really old bike who was from my brother and now i want to buy my own one. For my budget this two models looks great but i need to know which one would be a better choise considering make upgrades in the future.

Regards!!!!!

http://www.cannondale.com/en/USA/Bi...7f6-4e37-8404-1ec2adf8443f&parentid=undefined

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/road/allez-dsw-sl-sprint-elite/118416

Enviado mediante mi Moto G4 Plus mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
I own the specialized allez sprint X1 that has the same frame but with sram force 1X drive train and I really like. It is stiff but not overly harsh riding for aluminum. The allez comp is priced nearly identical to the caad 12 and both are 11 speed vs the allez elite which is 10 speed. Plus I like the orange color of the allez comp over the caad 12. I recommend test riding both to reach a final conclusion but on paper the allez comp gets my vote.

·
Crank Addict
1,943 Posts
I would re-iterate... test ride both. They're both great bikes, and while they're both aluminum, I don't know if I'd say they're both designed with he same goals. The Allez sprint has a VERY aggressive race geometry with a very quick steering angle. It also has a very, small stack height, I think its 15mm shorter than the Tarmac, Venge and and Gen. 1 Allez DSW, so keep in mind that your current fit might result in a lot of spacers. The Caad12 looks to have a more traditional, all-around road geometry.

I'm not saying that the Allez Sprint can't be used as an all-around bike, it can... it just may handle a little differently.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
All else equal I'd definitely avoid the proprietary seatpost on the Specialized. Not that it's per se a problem but if the clamp breaks (which can happen) it might be hard to find/expensive to get a replacement in the future and you may find yourself wanting a set back other than what it provides.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts