Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Could be faster
282 Posts
which one, specifically? one of my bikes came with the Avatar and i don't have any complains. my only comparison is to the Specialized Comp Racing, which is OEM on entry level Specialized bikes (Allez Sport). The Avatar feels nicer on long rides. on short rides (under 50km), they make no difference.

boon

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I have found them all to be well made, but rock hard. Any LBS worth it's weight in salt should let you try one for about a 100 miles. Saddles are probably the most important bike decision you will make after pedals....

The Flash

·
Registered
178 Posts
toupe

i recently purchased a specialized toupe and it completely changed my riding style. i'm now 100% more comfortable in the drops with zero tenderness the following day. tried the avitar as well and the toupe was well worth the extra expense.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ehhhh

Oof, I thought my Avatar (143mm) was hideous. I couldn't ride 25 miles on the damn thing. It is rock hard, so if it doesn't suit your butt, you are out of luck.

I switched back to my favorite Fuji saddle and then to an Arione. Perfect.

If you want one, I'll happily sell you mine--

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thnaks guys i was looking at he toupe, but i was really just after opinions on the quality. thanks again

·
Registered
192 Posts
My Experience

slowdave said:
Has anybody used these seats before, just after a general quality report. Thanks all
I've been riding the 143mm Toupe seat and the quality has been great. The seat survived a pretty bad crash and it's still working.

And for comfort, I started out with a Arione, then tried a Terry, and now my backside is much more comfortable on the Toupe.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I had one on my Allez,,, I cna sum up the ride in one word... OUCH!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I bought a Avatar (155m) after being fitted by the local store here in Japan that sells them. Fits good, no numbness unless I get up on the nose for a extended period of time.

stalter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.