Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

21 - 40 of 2300 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here is my #1

Here is my first bike of the modern era. Now I have three more that I lust after. If I can actually manage to get a job the choice will be very tough - Tarmac Pro/Roubaix Elite/Tricross (most elegant wheels/hubs I've ever seen). Hmmmm... Maybe the Roubaix with the tricross wheels? That could be pretty.....

Before anyone jumps all over me, the reflectors are gone.

·
Registered
106 Posts
You better clean up that wiring before it snags on something and yanks your computer right off :p

Nice color BTW, I think Specialized needs more yellow bikes. :)

·
Mashers only!!
42 Posts
RiDE said:
You better clean up that wiring before it snags on something and yanks your computer right off :p

MMMMM a yellow Tarmac!!

HUGH
:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
RiDE said:

You can't really see it, but the wiring is tied to the brake cable by a spiral conduit thingy (can't think of what it's called off the top of my head). It can't really snag at all. I keep trying though, how else can I justify a new computer? ;)

·
Registered
531 Posts
2004 Specialized Allez

What up? Just put on FSA Carbon pro cranks and new Crankbros. Quattro pedals. It's feels so light and rides great. Went with the compact crankset. 50-34's. Since then added a new set of handle-bars, Ritchey WCS stem, Campagnolo Compact FD and new carbon bottle cages. Man what a difference of what great eqiupment can do for a rider.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yet another Roubaix

I just got my bike back and couldn't resist taking a few pics. Stock Ultegra 9 speed with: Arrowhead OC rear wheel (28 spoke), Spider Nimble front (24 spoke) (Mike Garcia custom w/Speedcific hubs, 1400 grms), Vred Fortezza 700x23, FSA Carbon Pro 50/36 cranks, 12-27 rear cassette (we have some steep climbs here in NorCal), Tacx Tao cages (love these), Barbieri pump (fits nice under the TT cage), and Fizik Arionne saddle. I don't have a scale but it feels like about 17lbs. Great climber, but i especially like the way it tracks through the turns, especially sweeping downhills. I don't know whether it's the long wheelbase, the trail or something else in the geometry, but it works for me.

·
Registered
163 Posts
2005 Tarmac Comp 56cm, all stock except for FSA Gossamer compact crank (34/50) & Mike Garcia wheels. I've put over 2000 miles on it since getting it in April, including the AIDS Lifecycle ride to LA.

Me gusta mucho.

·
confirmed masher
1,668 Posts
Great bikes everyone! The Allez Comp rides great, out of my price range though :)
I love the look of Specialized bikes.

Mine: Allez Elite 05, all 105's ALX295 wheels, mondo tires, carbon seat post, everything stock, don't even have money for shoes and pedals atm :D

Here it is before it's maiden voyage.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2005 Allez Comp Photo

Great looking bike! I recently took a test ride on one in Tallahassee, FL. It handled great. How much did you pay for yours? I think the LBS had it listed @ $2400 but the price was probably negotiable. I also test road a Roubaix, and while it was a smoother ride, it was not as responsive or easy to shift as the Allez Comp. I could have bought it for $1999 discounted.

Skip in Gulf Breeze, FL

·
Registered
57 Posts
Allez Price

rangerskip said:
Great looking bike! I recently took a test ride on one in Tallahassee, FL. It handled great. How much did you pay for yours? I think the LBS had it listed @ $2400 but the price was probably negotiable. I also test road a Roubaix, and while it was a smoother ride, it was not as responsive or easy to shift as the Allez Comp. I could have bought it for $1999 discounted.

Skip in Gulf Breeze, FL
Skip,
Not sure if you're talking about my Comp with the AM Classic 350 wheels but I was able to get a pretty awesome deal on mine. My LBS sold me the bike for $1800 which included tax. Then they swapped out the Mavic Equipes for the AM Classic 350's at cost which which added another $200 to my total. I believe retail on the wheel set is $700 with the Sapim spokes. I'm 100% loyal to my LBS and I send them a ton of business so they always take care of me on my purchases.
I'd give anything to be riding in FL right now. Here in upper Michigan it 37 degrees and old man winter is knocking on the door!
Scott

·
Registered
11 Posts
Allez Comp 05

Scott:
Thanks for the reply. I see that I need to do more research on wheels before I go bike shopping again (newbee here). I think the bike I rode had the AM Classic 350's but I will check it out again to be sure. As for riding in N.W. FL, it is great this time of year but forget summer. The heat/humidity is out of this world, and this is coming from someone who has lived here almost 20 years (grew up in Seattle area). Plus we have these things called Hurricanes that keep pestering us! Anyway, this is a great forum of ideas for someone who is now ready to jump back into road biking after a 20 year hiatus.
Skip

21 - 40 of 2300 Posts