Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Superstar
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it blasphemy if I run Specialized cages, helmet and computer on my Supersix? I need new cages and dont see anything I like other than the the Spec. Rib Cages. Part of the reason too is I can get a good deal on the components. What do you guys think? And well I love my S-Works helmet. But will probably aquire a TT2 also.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I see a couple tour teams run Spesh helmets and they don't run Spesh bikes.

I'm running a Toupe Team saddle on my Six13.

I had one of their computer on my bike...i hated it. Got a Cateye.

I don't see anything wrong with it. Just don't go crazy.:D

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Superstar
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ninjaslim said:
spesh cages on a 'dale NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo

C'mon there's plenty of choice without resorting to a 'rival' manufacturer!

- The Fashion Police

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=19636
or
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=34008
or
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=46599

I've no problem with you dressing up in what you want, but have some respect for your bike!
Ive got taos and my lbs bent them, so they are messed up. Carbon seems likes its gona be fragile. Also I think white cages will look badass on the matte black. If I get carbon its gona Spec for sure cause I can get an excellent deal on em. Same deal with the comp. Appreciate the opinions fellas thanks. Ill be sure to post a pic my ***** bike if I end up getting the stuff. Im def getting the TT2, hopefully Ill have money to get that custom painted.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Dev,

You should get this helmet just ordered two of these bad boys, one for the wife & one for myself.

·
Superstar
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
zamboni said:
Dev,

You should get this helmet just ordered two of these bad boys, one for the wife & one for myself.
I am getting an aero helmet, I already own a S-works. Ive had it for 2 years, otherwise Id for sure have gotten a Met. This is what Im gona get

Im sure thatll be cute you and your wife wearing the same helmet riding together though.:)

·
Cat 3 in TT, Cat 6 in Rd.
226 Posts
I run an S-WORKS crankset on my CAAD9, specialized tires, bontrager cages, raceface stem, specialized bars, and a ritchey seatpost.

Run whatever works best.

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
i hate those plastic rib cages, they NEVER give up your bottle, so many times i've hit my finger on my TT or the bottle against it trying to pull it out. and they look funny on anything other than spec bikes... jmo

·
Superstar
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
skyliner1004 said:
i hate those plastic rib cages, they NEVER give up your bottle, so many times i've hit my finger on my TT or the bottle against it trying to pull it out. and they look funny on anything other than spec bikes... jmo
[email protected] has the rib cages, and I think his Super is the best looking one Ive seen on the forum, azracers is a close second IMO. Ill try em out, if they dont work out I guess ill go with black tacx taos.

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
Devastator said:
[email protected] has the rib cages, and I think his Super is the best looking one Ive seen on the forum, azracers is a close second IMO. Ill try em out, if they dont work out I guess ill go with black tacx taos.
lol your opinion is great. the ribcages still suck

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
jlandry said:
AvantDale!!!

How do you like those cages? I want to get them but they seem flimsy.
i have a pair of generic carbon fiber cages from ebay. $24 shipped for 2. They are as strong as my LOOK CF cages. I got the side loaders and they weigh 18g each on my home scale. They fit my thick polar insulated bottles snugly. Entry and exit are easy.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I like my cages so far. Fairly cheap and do the job well.

They have a firm hold without being over tight.

I tried the Rib Cages and though that they held the bottle too tight.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I don't cross that line no Specialize parts on my bike......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts