Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked her up last night and still need to transfer some parts over and get it setup for my size. I just took some quick pics due to the excitement since it was so hard to find any info on them in the flesh. Size is 52 and can't wait to ride it!

·
Registered
33 Posts
That looks sweet. Looking forward to ride reports. What bike are you coming from?

I notice that this has the S works venge seatpost...I wonder if thats a special edition thing or all the sprints have them

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks sweet. Looking forward to ride reports. What bike are you coming from?

I notice that this has the S works venge seatpost...I wonder if thats a special edition thing or all the sprints have them
Thanks, will do on the ride report. I'm coming off from last year's Allez Expert that i Di2'd. I'm pretty sure the Sworks seatpost is a special edition only thing and most likely the other sprints will come with the Venge Pro level carbon post but i could be wrong. Maybe someone else will chime in that has one of those models on hand to check.

·
Crank Addict
1,943 Posts
Wow! super jealous.... That's a sick looking bike. As someone that has plenty of seat time on a 2015 Allez DSW Comp, I'm anxious to hear your reactions. I'm glad to see that they did end up doing the bottom bracket in red... the marketing bikes had that, but if you look at the model on the website, it shows a polished bottom bracket.

·
Registered
277 Posts
That thing is awesome! I was going to try to snag one... but by the time i realized they were available.. it was too late :/

So I'll have to just be jealous...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Thanks, will do on the ride report. I'm coming off from last year's Allez Expert that i Di2'd. I'm pretty sure the Sworks seatpost is a special edition only thing and most likely the other sprints will come with the Venge Pro level carbon post but i could be wrong. Maybe someone else will chime in that has one of those models on hand to check.
I remember you posting that bike. If you don't mind sharing... where did you sell it? I've been looking for a good place to sell mine... other than ebay, who takes WAY too big of a cut...

·
Crank Addict
1,943 Posts
I remember you posting that bike. If you don't mind sharing... where did you sell it? I've been looking for a good place to sell mine... other than ebay, who takes WAY too big of a cut...
Online bike swap group on Facebook seems to be pretty good... i sold a bunch of jerseys there and there seems to be people asking for DSW Allez frames all the time.

·
learning
53 Posts
Looks SICK!!!! im looking to get one too, how much does it weight?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I actually haven't sold it yet and in the process of getting it cleaned up for pictures, wish me luck. It's been a tough year for bike/parts sale.

Regarding weight, it came in at 16lbs without pedals but for some reason feels much lighter than that. Here's her current state, no ride yet though :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Picked her up last night and still need to transfer some parts over and get it setup for my size. I just took some quick pics due to the excitement since it was so hard to find any info on them in the flesh. Size is 52 and can't wait to ride it!

Looks good! I rode my silver/black version today for a quickie; shifting is excellent - pics posted on the 'Bike Pic Thread.'

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks good! I rode my silver/black version today for a quickie; shifting is excellent - pics posted on the 'Bike Pic Thread.'
final update: As of today I can say I'm 95% certain I'd have no need for a 'standard' 2X build - I've done my normal loops, rollers, hills and flats without the need for the 28 and 'bailout' 34 tooth cog, using the 50-tooth Q-Ring up front, and had a 'PR' on one hill segment. It's a damn good bike :thumbsup: Take Care All. I may sell my S3 and get another color combo using a 48-tooth upfront :D

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
final update: As of today I can say I'm 95% certain I'd have no need for a 'standard' 2X build - I've done my normal loops, rollers, hills and flats without the need for the 28 and 'bailout' 34 tooth cog, using the 50-tooth Q-Ring up front, and had a 'PR' on one hill segment. It's a damn good bike :thumbsup: Take Care All. I may sell my S3 and get another color combo using a 48-tooth upfront :D
Good to hear that you like it so much. I can't wait to get my grubby little paws on my X2. I stopped by the shop today to kill some time and check on the order and they were all raving about the one the unboxed and sold recently. Mine is supposed to be here Tuesday, so hopefully I will be able to share my own opinions soon.

·
Registered
64 Posts
What year is your S3? I'd be very interested in your perspective between the 2.

·
Crank Addict
1,943 Posts
Good to hear that you like it so much. I can't wait to get my grubby little paws on my X2. I stopped by the shop today to kill some time and check on the order and they were all raving about the one the unboxed and sold recently. Mine is supposed to be here Tuesday, so hopefully I will be able to share my own opinions soon.
Did you see Justin Stanley wrecked his gold/red x2 in a race this weekend?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, after riding it more and more, there seems to be something about this bike that makes it a winner. I have a 52T Q-ring that needs to be installed that will make it only better. Honestly, best damn bike i've swung a leg over and it happens to be aluminum, imagine that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes, after riding it more and more, there seems to be something about this bike that makes it a winner. I have a 52T Q-ring that needs to be installed that will make it only better. Honestly, best damn bike i've swung a leg over and it happens to be aluminum, imagine that.
I'm doing better than on my 'dialed in' S3 - and I still need to get fitted on the Allez. Took a KOM today, second on another segment, and 5th on another.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm doing better than on my 'dialed in' S3 - and I still need to get fitted on the Allez. Took a KOM today, second on another segment, and 5th on another.
Wow! I am super tempted to sell my 2015 DSW and get one of the 1x....
Out of curiosity, what year is your S3? One of the older ones or 2014+?

·
Registered
277 Posts
It's really awesome to hear how good these bikes are. I'm going to personally wait for a 2X as i like taking trips to the mountains when I can. But for my terrain i think a 1x would be more than adequate. Maybe i'll give in... who knows haha

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.