Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have never owned a fixed gear or road bike. I have ridden mountain bikes in Colorado all my life. I recently moved to South Carolina and I need to get back out on two wheels and into shape. I was thinking a fixed gear would be fun to ride and get into. There are no hills here so why would I need gears anyways. I found this on craigslist! Is this a good bike for the price? Any suggestions or tips for buying a bike?

-Evan

·
Registered
26 Posts
I too am toying with the idea of buying a single/fixed gear. The Langster is defiantly on my radar. Just make sure it fits you. If you are new (or new again) to bikes you might use the fit calculator at competitivecyclist.com to determine what size bike you need.

Have fun

·
Registered
661 Posts
Did you end up buying it? Don't know why, but I bought a Langster. Actually I do know, I bought it for the for the simplicity and the price was right. It's a nice bike. Rides well. I mostly use the SS rather then the Fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.