Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Specialized Allez Elite Triple or Felt F75 (double compact)? Similar price. The Felt's specs seem a little better. LBS carries both, but seems to be suggesting the Felt is a better deal.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was in the same postion in Jan. After test riding both, the felt F60 and the Allez Elite, I went with the Felt because the Allez felt very small on me and the components were better on the Felt. I've been very happy with my Felt. The only thing i have to say i dislike about my Felt is that the wheels are a bit of cheapo wheels. But the Allez were cheapo wheels as well.

·
Banned
476 Posts
Kinesis

I have heard that both these bikes use frames from Kinesis; so quality would be about the same. I think you can find felts at a discount easier than Specialized, so they are normally a better deal

There are some bikes like this on ebay for fairly large discounts

·
Registered
19,389 Posts
a major issue of consideration...

is the warranty man...specialized is what? a year? two? Felt is for life.
that's a no brainer...Felt's are great bikes for the $$. They won't be this inexpensive for many more years...

·
Incredibly slow
545 Posts
The Felt has carbon seat stays and the Specialized doesn't, if that matters to you. The Felt site is showing 10 speed 105 shifters, whereas the Specialized site shows the older 9 speed shifters, which is a definite point in Felt's favor. Other than that, not much difference in specs. I like the red paint job on the Elite better than the matte black on the F75.

·
Growing Older, Not Up
1,318 Posts
bahueh said:
is the warranty man...specialized is what? a year? two? Felt is for life.
that's a no brainer...Felt's are great bikes for the $$. They won't be this inexpensive for many more years...
Actually specialized is a lifetime warranty.

I like my Specialized. Several others are happy as well. Several other like Felts. Don't think you can go wrong.

Keep in mind, there are no free lunches. Chances are if a specific component is nicer on one bike another is not as nice in comparison.

Get what feels right to you. If they both feel the same, get the one you think has better looks!

·
Growing Older, Not Up
1,318 Posts
Jasont111 said:
I heard from a bike shop/sponsored specialized rider that they are not lifetime anymore.... ?
I have a 2005 so can't say for this year. The 05 warranty was 1 year on the whole thing and lifetime on the frame. Seemed fairly standard for most of the big names when I checked last year.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think the Allez has a compact geometry where as the felt has a more traditional geometry. But I could be wrong. I think this is why the 54cm Allez felt small to me compared to the 52cm Felt F60.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have always been a huge specialized fan ended up chosing the Felt f60 because of the fit. As an added bonus you get a better component group for the same price. Pick the one that fits you better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts