Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I know it won't make any discernible difference in my performance, I want to replace my crank with one that matches the rest of my groupset. My bike came with New Tiagra and I have, over time, replaced the components with 105 pieces. Now I would like to replace the crank for no other reason as to have it match the rest, and to make it black instead of the present silver one. All the information I can find about my 2012 Tarmac Compact is that the bottom bracket is Specialized's OSBB bracket. This really doesn't mean much to me.

Can anyone tell me what I would need to do to install a Shimano 105 5700 BB? Would I need adapters and such to make the BB work?

Thanks.

·
Registered
472 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, your bike came with a Tiagra crank. If that's the case, then simply remove it and install a 105. The interface is the same for the Hollowtech cranks so it should be a plug and play fit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.